Part Six: Feliz Navidad

(A/N) A holiday chapter because it's the holidays. MERRY CHRISTMAS. FELIZ NAVIDAD. JOYEUX NOËL!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hope you guys have a good one! 🦋

Lauren was nervous. It was their first Christmas together as a family since her infidelity. Camila hadn't spent much holidays home since, which definitely took a toll on their daughter, but on those holidays, the brunette had always put aside time to FaceTime her family. Even though she did not want to be around her wife, she didn't want to disappoint her daughter too much.

Seeing as it was their first Christmas since the incident, Lauren hadn't been sure if she should've gotten her wife a gift, but she still did. It was a simple bracelet with a jewel encrusted infinity sign located at the middle of it. It wasn't much, but when she saw it, it brought back memories of one of the many dates they had went on.

The woman stopped in front of her wife's bedroom door, she took a deep breath then knocked. Camila opened the door not a moment later.

"Lauren?" she rubbed at her eyes lazily. "Is Izzy up as yet?"

She couldn't help but admire the way her wife looked so effortlessly beautiful even though she had just woken up. "No. It's only 5am. I just wanted to give you something before the madness begins."

Camila chuckled. "Oh before Maggie arrives?"

Lauren smiled and nodded. The brunette stepped aside and allowed her wife to enter her bedroom. Camila sat on the edge of the bed and patted a spot not too far off from where she was.

The raven haired woman took the box out of her pocket and gave it to her wife. "I um..I know we're not exactly like how we used to be, but I couldn't not get you something for Christmas." Camila stared at the box in disbelief. She did get her wife something, but she had expected to not get anything in return.

Why would Lauren even give her anything? She had treated the woman terribly over the past year even though to Camila, she felt as though her wife deserved it. "Open it."

And she did. The moment her eyes were laid on the bracelet, that's when she knew exactly where the gift idea came from. "Toy Story," she laughed softly.

"To Infinity and Beyond," they said at the same time and exchanged shy smiles at each other.

The story behind this was that, on many of their many dates, Camila took Lauren to watch Toy Story because she had never seen it. How could she not? It was an iconic childhood movie. But on that date, Camila had asked Lauren to be her girlfriend. She didn't need to go on countless dates to know that this was the one for her. She just knew and she took her shot and years later, they ended up getting married. They promised each other an 'Infinity and Beyond' but now? They weren't exactly sure if that was going to happen.

"Do you like it?" Lauren asked timidly as she looked at her wife whose eyes were glued on the gift.

Camila nodded. "I love it. Thank you, Laur. It's really sweet. Can you help me put it on?"

The woman scooted a bit closer to help her wife with the bracelet, after doing so, both women had only just realised how close their faces were. Camila's eyes drifted down to her wife's plump red covered lips before lazily moving back up to her eyes. Lauren noticed this but she shook her head and backed away.

"I um..there you go," she cleared her throat awkwardly. "I should probably um get ready for Izzy. She'll be awake soon and ready for her presents."

The brunette nodded dumbly and watched as her wife walked towards her door. Was she about to kiss her? Camila had promised herself that she wouldn't get involved Lauren because to her, the last person her wife had kissed was Hailee. And she wasn't about to kiss her wife's 'contaminated' lips. "Wait, Lauren. I have something for you too," the green eyed woman stopped and turned around. "I forgot, but I got you a gift." She stood up quickly and went to rummage through her closet looking the box she didn't have time to wrap as yet. "Here you go."