Part Ten: Let's Try

"Camz..."

Camila didn't respond, but the bright smile on her face was enough to send waves of happiness running through Lauren's body. Without a second thought, the singer pulled her wife into a koala hug, taking the other woman off guard, she had to grab onto the doorframe to support both their weight.

After a few minutes, Camila released her wife, and unwrapped her legs from around Lauren's waist. The photographer still had her face buried into the crook of her wife's neck, and her hands wrapped lazily around her waist.

"I'm sorry," Camila whispered into Lauren's ear; her lips slightly grazing her skin, causing her wife to shudder.

Lauren pulled away and looked at her wife with a kinked eyebrow. "What are you sorry - wait can I come in?" The brunette laughed softly and stepped aside allowing her wife to enter their home. They both took a seat to one another on couch. "Now, what are you sorry for?"

Camila sighed heavily and rubbed at her eyes. "Everything, you know? I just...I was hurt and I was extra, and I kept pushing you away instead of talking stuff out." She pushed away a strand of hair that fell in her wife's face. "I am in love with you. Hopelessly and irrevocably in love with you."

Lauren opened and shut her mouth twice. "I love you too, amor. I know that it doesn't seem like that now, but I really do love you. Everything that has happened between us, it didn't just hurt you, it hurt me too." She took a hold of one of her wife's hands and gave it a light squeeze.

Camila smiled. "Only you have that effect on me. Only you can make my stupid heart skip a beat just by the sound of your voice. Only you can make me feel like the happiest person on the earth, but only you have the ability to break my heart." She sighed and pulled her hand away from Lauren. "When you left, it had hurt, and if I'm being honest, Laur, it had hurt more when I saw you with Hailee. The thought of losing you," she shook her head and laughed sadly. "I can't see a world without you. I can't be me without you. You see this?" She took her wife's hand and guided it over her chest where her heart was, "This belongs to you. I don't want anyone else to have it. My soul and yours are so intertwined, that I cannot be me without you."

Lauren stared at her wife in utter shock. It had been so long since they ever shared any sort of emotions with one another, besides hurt and betrayal.

"You don't...you don't have to say anything," Camila sighed. "I just wanted you to know. Especially since I've been a major asshole these past few months."

The photographer smiled and brought one of her wife's hands to her lips and gently kissed it, "I'm not going to lie, amor...you have been an asshole, but I've been in love with you since the moment I saw you, I know at one point I was so ready to give up on us," Lauren paused and saw the sad expression on her wife's face. "But not anymore. I want this, I want us, I want the three of us to be a family, I don't want Izzy having to grow up wondering which mother she'll be spending the week at. I don't want to hurt either of you."

Camila smiled. "Doctor Briggs?"

"Doctor Briggs."

***

"Lauren? Camila?" Marissa greeted the couple in the form a question. "You don't have a session scheduled for today, or do you?" She pulled up the list of appointments on screen only to prove her assumptions true.

Lauren nodded. "No we don't, but we were wondering if we can meet with Doctor Briggs. I know it's not scheduled but it's important."

Marissa nodded. "Okay. Have a seat and give me a moment, I'll go speak with her."

They took a seat in the waiting area, Camila was extremely nervous; compared to the other therapy sessions.