Part Twenty Nine: Date #2 - I Can't See A Life Without You

Do you believe in soulmates?

Or maybe, love at first sight?

I believe that there's a very few selected moments in your life that you're going to meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because she or he; whatever you're into, was perfect, because no one is perfect. But rather when both your flaws were combined and arranged in a way that created a bond so strong, that it could've only been described as love.

Do you remember your first love?

Maybe you're both no longer together. Maybe you still are. Maybe you're still friends and can look back, reminisce and laugh at the times you once shared together.

Or maybe, you hate the person, and you hate the memories you once shared.

But, if we're being honest, at one point in your life, you liked the person, even if they turned out to be someone you never thought they'd be.

And in some cases, you probably still love them. I'm not saying that you may have felt sparks when he touched you, or your heart might've skipped beats when she were around. I don't even know if that's real, but I'm sure you'll be lying if you said that you didn't scoot closer to her whenever she sat next to you, because she made you feel safe.

Or that you didn't randomly wake up during the night just to kiss his forehead. You'll be lying if you said he didn't make you happy, and that you weren't going to miss him.

I'm not saying that it was love, and I'm definitely not trying to say that it didn't hurt you, but you can admit that at some point in your life, she did matter and possibly still matters to you.

But sweetheart, it's time to let them go. I know you want to hold on to those precious memories and the time together that you once shared. You want to keep the hope alive, that one day she's going to find her way back into your arms. You can't keep making up fantasies of how happy you're both going to be, but deep down, I know that you know, he's never going to come back.

You know she doesn't feel the same way she once did, and yet you keep trying to force something that's not there anymore.

He's your security blanket, that's why you're so damn terrified to let him go, so you keep lying to yourself instead of facing reality.

I know it's sad the way you both act like strangers now, after everything you both had.

You act like you've never met....but it's time to let go.

***

"Well isn't it my favourite niece," Becky stooped to her niece's height and ruffled the child's already messy hair. Tonight, Becky and Hailee would've been babysitting the child as Ariana wasn't in the country, nor was Maggie. "How are you doing, Squirt?"

Izzy wrapped her arms around her aunt and placed a kiss on the girl's cheek. "I'm great!" She said happily, looking around for someone else. "Is Nugget with you?"

Becky laughed and shook her head 'no'. "I'm starting to think you don't actually like me."

"No!" Izzy said hurriedly. "I like you, very much. But I miss Nugget and you don't bring him around anymore." The child pouted cutely. "Can you ask your mummy to bring him?"

"Princesa!" Camila called out from the living room. "Stop bullying your tía with your cuteness to get your way. It's not fair. No one can resist you." She smiled when she saw her younger sister. "Hey, Beckster. C'mere and give me some love."

Becky laughed and went to wrap her sister into a long overdue hug. Due to both of their busy schedules; Camila with her career and Becky with school, it had been quite some time since they had last seen each other. "I miss you, loser. It's been so long."