Part Fifteen: Le Pont des Arts

There are two great days in a person's life. They say it's the day you are born and the day you discover why.

And today, being Sunday, meant that every single day until Saturday; the day Camila was actually born, there would be endless celebrations. Not everyone enjoys celebrating their birthday; some of us would prefer to down a bottle of wine in the comfort of our homes and avoid human contact like the hobbits that we are. However, even if that was what Camila wanted, she dared not say it because she knew just how much her family and friends were anticipating this day. Especially her daughter Izzy.

Unfortunately her 24th birthday, wasn't spent with her family. She had completely forgotten the day and had booked an interview with Ellen Degeneres; where she was showered with gifts from her fans and received a cake from Ellen. Back then, Camila's and Lauren's relationship was seemly 'good' and despite her not being there, she flew home to spend the weekend with her wife and daughter.

Camila was currently buried under her duvet and embracing the peace and quiet....that was until Izzy ran into the room with a rose in hand and threw herself on top of her mother.

"Buenas dias, mummy!" The child said ignoring the fact that her mother was tired. Where on earth do these little demons get their neverending supply of energy from?

Camila groaned loudly and slowly opened her eyes; probably trying to will herself from strangling the child. Who knows? She smiled. "Good morning, baby. What's that you got there?"

Izzy gave her mother the rose and kissed her cheek. "Happy early birthday! Mama said I can gift you something everyday until Saturday." The child rested her head on her mother's chest, as Camila wrapped her arms around her small body.

The singer placed a kiss on her daughter's head and ran her fingers through her hair. "Thank you, princesa. I love it. Where's mama?"

Izzy mumbled something incoherent. Her breathing evened out after a few minutes and Camila realised the child had fallen asleep. Carefully placing her daughter onto the bed, Camila covered her and exited the room, with her rose in tow.

"Morning, loser," Camila greeted her wife who had just finished setting the table.

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Sup, ugly."

Her wife laughed. "Careful there, I might think you're flirting with me."

"And is that a bad thing?" Lauren smirked. "I don't see a ring on your finger." She nodded to her wife's hand; who raised her ring finger in response and flaunted her wedding ring.

"Sorry, babe. I'm kinda taken. But I'm always down for a side piece. Hoe is life after all," Camila winked. "Okay I can't do this role play thing." She laughed.

Lauren took a seat at the island. "Where's Izzy?"

Camila shrugged and began to dig in. She stopped after a few seconds and saw her wife staring at her with a raised eyebrow. "What? Oh are we supposed to pray?" She grabbed her wife's hands and bowed her head. "Dear God, thank yo-."

Lauren cut her off and pulled away her hands. "No. I don't know. Do what you want, but where's Izzy?"

Camila rolled her eyes. Did this woman really think she was that bad of a mother?

"She's upstairs Laaurenn. Sleeping. Jeez Louise. Can I pray and have my breakfast please?"

Lauren took a bite of her sandwich. "Since when do you pray anyway?"

Camila raised her hand to stop her, and muttered something under her breath. "I don't. I just realised I haven't prayed in forever. Plus, I need the strength from the good Lord to put up with you." She stuck her tongue out at her wife.