Death Valley

Punch Nick
Punch my parents
Punch punch my friends

I honestly don't know how long I've been punching for, I think it's about 1 o'clock. So I've been at the gym for like 4 hours. I knew I had good stamina, but I didn't know it was this good.

Anyway, so I went home after coming out from school, got changed into my black sports bra, black spandex and my black nike air max thea's and a black hoodie, and walked in ignoring the stars of how a 'little girl should be in school right now'.

I'm still not finished in the gym so I'm gonna stay here for some more hours. I don't know who is here or anything because I'm concentrating to much on this punching bag.

When I first got here I did running on the treadmill, then jump rope, then sit up/press-ups and then punching bags like I am know. I'll move on to the weakest bag then move onto the heaviest, which I'm at now.

Punch, right kick,
Punch,
Punch,
Left kick,
Right kick,
Punch, punch.

***

After punching some more, I glanced at the clock, seeing that it's now 3, delivering my final punches to the bag making it swing up and hit the floor a meter away.

Bending over, resting my hand on my knees, I try to calm my breathing down, before I grab my drink and take a sip. I'm probably sweating buckets right now.

I hear clapping, suddenly. I spin around, a bit too fast for my body's liking as my vision goes a bit blurry. "I have no words. Like honestly. Your amazing." I recognise that voice as Jayden's.

Soon enough my vision becomes clear again and I see that Ryder and his group are here. Shit, how long have they been here. " How long have you guys been here?" I ask trying to regain my breath still.

"Since you started on the bags" Jacob replies, without looking up from his phone. Like hello to you too. Wait if I started on the bags at 1 o'clock and it's 3 o'clock now, they've been here for two hours, and they didn't try to talk to me?

"So how come you guys didn't talk to me before?" I wondered. Looking at all the guys I notice that there all glistening, and are wearing basketball shorts and t-shirts with trainers. Yeah they've been working out.

They all just laughed at my question. Was it that funny? I wondered. "We tried to, you were so focussed on beating the crap out off the punching bag you didn't even acknowledge us." Justin joked.

"Well, who was it?" Caleb wondered. Ryder's eyes wandered over to me as if he was wondering the very same question.

"Who was what?" I asked dumbly.

"Who were you pretending the punching bag was?" Ryder mocked as if talking to a child. Guess he could see straight through my dumb act.

Rolling my eyes at his attitude I lied straight through my teeth and concluded with "It was just a stupid squirrel that came out of nowhere and nearly made me crash my bike. I'm alright now." I feel like the floor should just eat me know. Seriously, a squirrel. A bloody squirrel? Wow what am I thinking, there's not one bit off there faces that seem to be convinced. Please. Please, please, just drop it.

They didn't look convinced. "Poor squirrel." Jayden said, obviously seeing through my stupid lie, but trying to help me out. Thank God, it's not like I can say the real reason.

Pulling my jacket tighter around me making sure to covers up my stomach, at least it cover my thigh and arms. Got some bad scars there.

"What are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?" I raised an eyebrow at them. They looked at each other, there they go again with the secret looks.