Breathe

"I have a joke for you all." I say cheerily. The weekend had past and now it is Wednesday, the guys had contacted me and I just said that it was nothing, obviously they didn't take it lightly.

"Go on." Ryder encouraged. Thankfully we are on the same page and friends with each other, not hating each other like at the start of the year.

I smiles at him before turning back to the rest of the guys and talking again. "Knock knock."

"Who's there?" Justin replies.

"Europe."

"Europe who?" Jayden replies, confusion on his face as he doesn't understand where I'm going with this.

"Why you callin' me a poo for?" I burst out laughing, which made me look pretty sad because it is my own joke, but oh well. I felt a bit alone until Jayden and everyone started laughing. We laughed for a few minutes, however stopped when Jayden came up with another joke.

"Knock knock." He says.

"Who's there?" Jacob replies.

"Radio" Justin says.

"Radi-o not, here I come." Everyone started laughing apart from Caleb.

"I don't get it." Caleb's confused face pauses our laughing and we all turn to stare at him.

"Oh wow, I'll show you the song." I shook my head at his clueless attitude.

"Alright students, be quiet and sit down I've got an very important, sad message to tell you."

Instantly everyone took there seat and sat still and quiet. When ever the principal came to the class to say something you know it's important. It is so quiet I can hear a person breathing from the front of the class and I am restraining my self from getting up and punching them in the face.

"Yesterday Brittney Underwood  was found dead in the woods yesterday late at night. We advise you to walk home in groups and on main roads as the killer still hasn't been found. We will have a one minute silence to pay our respects." Mr Tyler's face is overflowing with sadness. His voice is quiet and soft, his eyes are glossy so he takes the time start walking out the room giving a brief nod to everyone.

"Wait sir." I shout getting everyone's attention, like I mean everyone, not one eye was off me. He turns around waiting for me to continue.

"Do you know how she died?" I ask concern bubbling in my throat. Please tell me it's not what I think.

He sighs before speaking "She was shot in the head then I the chest twice, there was a rose also carved into her skin." He walks out the room slowly leaving us all in surprise.

I stand up knocking my chair over in he process, I need to do something and fast. I rush out of the into the hall way and straight over to my locker. A piece of paper floats out of my locker an flutters onto the floor. Hesitantly I pick it up and open it.

'One down, who's next?

This is your fault.

You hate killing innocents, but her blood is on your hands, just like your mums.

B.R'

"Crystal what's wrong." Ryder voice breaks me out of my trance to realise I've got tears strolling down my face. Quickly turning around, I wipe my tear in the process.

"Nothing, just got a tad emotional."  My voice comes out as weak and I hate it. If I'm weak it's easier for him to get me. I can't let that happen until I'm ready.

I spin around an start to walk of but Ryders hand grabs my elbow and pulls me to a stand still. I keep my back at from the and close my eyes for a few seconds then re-opening them. "Don't bullshit me. You hated her so what's really wrong."

"Just some things." I say my voice void of emotion.

"Please, we care for you. Let us in, please." His voice is weak and it croaks a bit like he needs to cry.

I turn to face him and rake my eyes over all the guys. Torn, sad, concerned, worried, is what I'd describe the look on their faces. I surprise the guys including me when I fling my arms around Ryder and bury my face in his neck. He returns the hug once he registers what's happening. I pull apart after a few seconds and look each of them in the eyes before saying "I promise you soon I will tell you the truth and all of it, just please be patient." I spin and walk out the school.

Guns.

Knifes.

Training.

Ammunition.

I need to prepare.

Song: Mako- BreatheI know this is short, next chapter will be longer and secrets will be told and action will be involved

Song: Mako- Breathe
I know this is short, next chapter will be longer and secrets will be told and action will be involved.
-Abi