Tidal wave

I woke up feeling happy for once. The fact that I had a nightmare again didn't change the fact I'm happy. You know them days where your just happy. That's me. Maybe it's because of yesterday when I was at the twins house.

I'm wearing black ripped jeans, black pumps, a white t-shirt and a denim jacket. As of now I'm making my way to school on my bike. The air whipping past my face makes me feel free, like I'm not being chased or have to move town when they find me. Free. Just free.

The one thing that is bothering me is Nick. He send me letters then goes off the grid. I haven't had a letter of him since he trashed my apartment and left a night saying he'll always find me.

Pulling into the car park I notice that 6 bikes are not here. They either late or there all are ill at the same time. Rolling my eyes at three weirdness I step out the car and make my way into the beautiful school.

Lunch. It has finally arrived and I couldn't be happier, without the guys in my classes it's boring, lonely and uneventful. The boys are still not here so I stroll to the table we usually sit at, which is at the back of the canteen, and sit down by myself.

I had just bitten into my burger when I spot Lacey on the other side of the canteen looking for somewhere to sit. "LACEY!" I shout making her jump and look around, ignoring all the stares from the students and wave her over.

"Um... hey Crystal." She says awkwardly, while taking a seat. She looks around as if expecting something.

"The guys aren't in today, don't worry." I reassure her while eating my burger again. Her shoulders drop and she picks up a fry and eats it.

"So how have you been?"

"Fine. My mum took me shopping the other day." A smile took over her face. I cringed at the thought of shopping. It's it's tiring and me and my mum hardly went shopping as we didn't have the best of relationships

She must of noticed I cringed because She suddenly asked "You not a fan off shopping?" I shook my head 'no'.

"Well I'm going to take you then. I'm gonna change your mind." She declared with a stern face that made me shrink. I may be tough but her face is making me shit myself.

"Okay! Please, just stop with that face." I looked down and took another bite of my burger while she sat there with a victory smile on her face, cheering.

"Great. I'll meet you at your bike after school."

"Wait we're going tonight?"

"Well yeah." The 'duh' in her voice leaked through.

The bell rang and we made our way to class going different ways since we aren't in any of the same classes.

***

I'm leaning on my bike listening to my music when someone taps me on the shoulder, I turn around at lightning speed and let out a sigh when I realise the person I'm looking at is not some murder but Lacey.

"Are you ready?" She asked bouncing up and down. Is she okay?

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say with a fake smile and two thumbs up.

"Let's go then." She gets in her white BMW and sets of out the car park.

***

3 hours.

3 whole bloody hours.

I have been walking around a shopping centre for 3 hours.

My legs hurt and Lacey made me try on a skirt. I'm a jeans and shorts kind of girl unless it's a nice dress or skirt and the skirts she was making me try on we're not my taste.

So we're in forever 21 searching for some clothes for me as I haven't got anything and Lacey has got hands full.

After wondering round the shop for a couple of minutes I found a pair of white jeans, a maroon red jumper. Then for another outfit I found a black skater skirt, a white top, and some nice cute boots to go with it.

Honestly I didn't want much because I already had clothes and I could use that money for other stuff.

"I think we should go to Pizza Hut for tea." I suggested while on our way to the food court.

"Yes. Pizza Hut it is."

Once we sat down at our table Lacey turned to me and asked "Why did you move them?"

"Well my dad had suggested moving for a while and then the place I'm staying at now and available and we took it."

"Oh so where do you live then?"

"In an apartment on the other side of town. I bike to school so I don't have to wake up at like 5 and wall to school." I reply. "What about you?" I add.

"About 10 minute away from school. My parents are rich so I live in a big house." She says while stirring her Fanta with her straw.

"Must be nice. Living in a big house with money."

"It can be." She takes a breath before continuing "But then some people only be friends with me because I'm rich."

I looked at her shocked. "Are you serious." She nods her head "That's terrible. Some people are rude and pathetic." I shake my head in disbelief.

Why would someone do that? She's so kind and polite.

After that we talked about happier things like what her hobbies were which were street dancing and acting.
She says she wants to be either a professional dancer or an actress. Her favourite colour is orange and she lives with her mum and dad and has a younger brother, Charlie, who is 5. Her dog is a girl chocolate Labrador called Daisy.

***

After we had finished eating, I went home and she went home.

I had a bath and now I'm putting on my pyjama shorts and a big hoodie. I then got into my bed and watched a couple of episodes of Lucifer and relaxed. Enjoying the fact that I have friends and I feel sort of normal right now.

However, every time something good happens, bad things have to balance it out.

Song: Hedley- Tidal wave