1|

The sunlight peering through her blinds, her eyes fluttering before opening. The breeze welcomed her as the warmth from the sun continued to engulf her. She wrapped the duvet around her body, refusing to wake up despite the maid's persistent attempts.

"Lisa, please wake up." The short, slim lady stood beside the bed repeating the same words over and over again.

"5 more minutes." Lisa groaned, burying her head deep in the pillow.

A few more ladies entered the room surrounding a woman who wore sophisticated yet elegant clothes. Makeup perfectly layered on her face, her lipstick a bright, vibrant colour that really brought out her eyes.

With the click clack of her fuchsia pink high heels, she walked over to the king sized bed that was placed beside the window, her chin raised above her head. "Lisa darling, get up. We have a special celebration party later on and you need to get ready." She spoke in calm but stern voice, filled with concern.

"I don't wanna go. You know I don't like social gatherings." She complained, sitting up from her laying position. She rubbed her eyes, finally releasing herself from the darkness that she belonged to not too long ago.

"Well, darling. You have to, you have no choice. The maids here will take care of you, I have to go to work. The stylists and hair/ makeup girls are coming in two hours so get ready. Love you, bye." She sent invisible kisses to her daughter and left the room.

"As always. Love you too." She whispered to herself before dragging her feet off the bed. She waved to the maids, signalling for them to leave whilst she freshens up and gets changed.

Lisa took a short shower and slipped on an oversized jumper and jeans. She put on her large glasses and tied her hair up in a messy bun.

"Yeah, no point tryna look pretty Lisa." She patted her cheeks as she stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror, pointing out all her flaws.

She walked out of the room, her shoulders slumped and her feet moving one at a time in complete sloth speed. "I'm so tired." She said to herself as she seated herself at the kitchen counter table.

The chef served her a hot porridge with high nutritional values sprinkled with berries and served with a tropical, fruit smoothie. Her mother ordered the chef to only cook healthy foods because she wanted her only daughter to grow up to be a successful, diligent, healthy woman that succeeds greatly in the future.

There's nothing to do in such a big house. Lisa finished her breakfast after thanking the chef and went out to the back garden to relax for a while. She took a seat at the swing and rocked back and forth. She sighed for the one thousandth time today.

"I'm 18. Why can't I do what I want?" She massaged her temples as she continued to question everything about her life.

The maids beckoned her inside because the stylists have arrived. Lisa wasn't the one to dwell about things too much, she was more of the laid back type. The one that doesn't care about anything, but has a side to her where she's sensitive. Fragile. Breakable. Everyone's like that, everyone is breakable and easy to break when the right person drops you.

She sat down in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection as they turned her into a whole new person. A memory flashed in her mind as the lady dealt with her hair, curling the ends.

FLASHBACK

"How the hell do you do this?" The boy struggled to put the hairband in her hair. His fingers moved about eventually getting tangled in her long strands.