20|

Chapter 20~

Finally Saturday is here. Of course I still have work today but I end early, just after lunch. Not a lot of workers will be here, only the interns that need to finish writing up their report.

I've been getting headaches every now and then and it's really affecting my behaviour at work. I think it's because of all the stress because being a CEO is obviously not a walk in the park.

I grab my keys and phone and head out of the door for work. Minsang is waiting by the car. I walk up to him and he slaps my head.

"What was that for?" I snarl at him.

"You look tired." He chuckled and opened the door for me to get in.

I give him a glare and roll my eyes as I flattened my pants to enter. It's really clear outside, not a cloud to be seen. Hopefully something good will happen today but it rarely does since everyday it a complete copy of the other.

Nothing's wrong with having high hopes right?

The ride was full of Minsang ranting on about this rude guy he saw in the food department.

"I mean he just pushed the lady for no absolute reason. Where's his manners at?" He kissed his teeth and punched the wheel in frustration.

"Then why didn't you do anything about it?" I sighed.

"Because I was paying for my food and the lady at the till gave me the creeps." He shuddered.

Minsang is a tough guy who values many things like peace, family, love and just life in general but when you get to know him better like I do you'll realise that he's a psycho.

The amount of times I've had bruises on my head from him hitting me on the head. I should sue him but I know he means no harm. He's just like an overprotective older brother.

We arrived at the company and I smiled at the respective workers who stopped in their tracks to bow. I headed up to my office and slumped in my seat. I need to get all these reports reviewed and I also need to make a few calls to some companies.

About 4 hours have passed and I was almost finished. After my 10 cup of hot chocolate, I was so tired. I don't really like coffee so hot chocolate is pretty much my substitute. One last phone call left and as I read the sheet of paper I dreaded the thought.

I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them again, heaving a sigh of anger. Simmering the thoughts to a minimum, I took hold of the telephone and slowly dialled each digit.

Holding it to my ear, I prayed that this conversation would go smoothly. Just business, nothing personal.

After a few rings, he finally picked up.

"Is this Park Jimin?" I asked, my voice shaking because of the overwhelming nervousness.

"I've been waiting for your call." He spoke in a husky voice as if he just woke up in the morning.

"Okay, well you got it. So about the collaboration between the two groups, when's the date set?" I asked, pursing my lips and forcing my mind to stick to the topic.

"Why don't we meet instead?"

"Umm.. I'd rather speak over the phone." I say. "So when's the date?"

"Why? Are you uncomfortable? Do I make you uncomfortable?" I can just imagine that disgusting smirk of his plastered across his face, his eyes giving that distant look.

Nope, I actually feel irritated.

"Can we just discuss the work please?" I said. I rolled my eyes and flipped over a few pages.

"Should I have kept you?" His voice suddenly changes and I'm reminded of that sweet angel.

"What?" My eyes blink so many times as I am left in confusion.

After a long pause, he speaks again. "Nothing. I'll send you the details and everything via email if you need anything else then call me back." He rushes his words. I respond with a yes and he ends the phone call.

I grab a few tissues and dab at my forehead, I didn't even realise I was sweating.

Completely ignoring what just happened, I pack up my things and ask Minsang to take me home. The headache still hasn't simmered and I think I should go speak to a doctor about it. I drank a glass of water with some tablets and headed up to bed.

Snuggling under the duvet, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep but I'm suddenly brought back to reality with a beep from my phone. I turn to the other side and sink in deeper to the pillow.

The message turns into a call and now a loud sound was ringing through my ears. I slap my hand on my phone screen and read the name. Namjoon. What the hell does he want?

I put the phone to my ear and stay silent.

"Lisa." He calls out.

"What? This best be important, I was just about to sleep." I groan and kick the blankets away with my feet.

"Oh, sorry. I need a favour." He says in the most sweetest yet cringe voice ever.

"No." I answer bluntly. Sleep is more important and I'm just craving for a nap right now.

"I'll buy you ice cream." He said.

My head shot up and I sit up straight. "How much?"

"How much you want."

"Deal. What's the favour?" I speak as I walk downstairs to grab some juice.

"Umm.. well. I kinda promised my friends a blind date so could you be one of them and bring a friend since we're short on one girl?" He practically whispers but I heard him loud and clear.

I wash the glass I just used and take a seat in the living room. I switch on the first channel and it was celebrity news. Great! -note the sarcasm.

"What? Are you stupid?" I exclaim. There's no way I'm going on a blind date.

"100 tubs of ice cream." He shouts. His voice sounded kinda distant so I think I'm on speaker. Shuffling is heard and I guess he's moving around a lot.

I hear a crash and I look around to see where it came from and then realised it was from the other side of the phone.

"Hey Namjoon, you okay there?" I ask. He groans a reply. "Are you sure? Are you hurt? Do you need me to come over?"

"No, I'm fine. Just hit my leg on the side of the table, that's all." After those words came another crash. "No! My mum's favourite vase!" He shouted in agony. "I'm ruined."

"Why am I not surprised?" I chuckle. "I have a similar one, come pick it up some time. But now you owe me 150 tubs of ice cream. Text me the details of the blind date. Bye." I end the call and stretch my legs on the couch.

I text Rosé and ask if she's willing to accompany me on a blind date. This girl has been claiming she's independent but secretly crying at movies because of the jealousy. I'm sure she'll find a guy soon.

Next chapter will be the blind date, it's gonna be a bit of a shock! Vote and comment lovelies:)