11|

Chapter 11~

Baking sure was hard. It was one of Lisa's hobbies and she enjoyed it very much but today was a bit of an extreme. She made so many different deserts and settled them in the fridge. She also made rice and chicken curry and soybean paste soup. This was all for their new neighbours who they were going to visit today.

She heard they had a son who was one year older than her and he was very successful. A young CEO. There's been rumours that he's one of the smartest people and Lisa was intrigued to see if it was true.

After getting everything ready, she went upstairs to get dressed. She was going with her mum but she had work so she'd meet them later. Deciding what to wear was struggle and that struggle was real.

She had so many clothes but her mind rejected every match. Then she remembered the gift she got from one of the companies. It was a long white dress with gold gems embedded. It was really simple and perfect for a first impression. She hoped to make good friends with the guy.

She put limited makeup consisting of mascara and some concealer to hide they eye bags under her swollen eyes. She hasn't been getting much sleep lately and it affected her work and face a lot. A lot of things occupy her mind.

She got dressed and all ready to go but the problem was how she gonna carry all the food from her house to theirs. All the maids and drivers were off work because she let them off since she thought she didn't need their help. Well, boy was she wrong.

She didn't want to call anyone in case she causes a disturbance so she left the house and went to the neighbours. She knocked on the door thrice and stepped back, rubbing her hands as the cold wind brushed past her.

She forgot to bring a jacket or something with long sleeves. Great! A lady with defined wrinkles and perfect proportions opened the door.

Lisa immediately bowed. "Hello, I'm Lisa Manoban, your neighbour." She extended her hand out for her to shake and she gladly obliged.

"Hello. Oh my, what are you doing here in the cold?" She rushed her inside the house, rubbing her arms up and down to generate some heat.

"I'm okay. I actually need to go back to the house to get the food I made as a greeting but they're too heavy and there's too many of them. Is there by any chance anyone can offer to help?" Lisa asked, her head slightly bowed.

The mother's frown turned into a smile. "Of course." She quickly wrapped a scarf around Lisa's neck. "To keep you warm." She smiled. Lisa hesitated but then gave up as she realised she was just trying to help. "Namjoon!" She called from the bottom of the stairs.

A man with pink blondish hair emerged from the room and trotted down the stairs. He was in jeans and shirt, probably back from somewhere. "Why? Is there something wrong?" He asked in fear.

"No, no. I'm fine." The mom assured and he sighed in relief. "This young girl needs help." She spoke, pointing to Lisa who stood in front of the door.

His eyes trailed over to where she stood and he looked at her up and down. "Oh, hello." He greeted her. She bowed back.

"Go to her house and help her with the food." The mum told Namjoon and he nodded. He got his jacket from the peg above and followed Lisa out.

Lisa was shivering in the cold but tried her hardest not to show it. She liked the cold but she couldn't deny that she was currently about to freeze to death.

"It's over here." She pointed to the kitchen as they entered the house. "I'll be back." She ran upstairs quickly and came back down in about 5 minutes. She changed her clothes to a large jumper and jeans.

She handed him a few trays and took some herself. They had to come back for round 2 and possibly round 3 because Lisa made so much. "Why did you make so much food?" Namjoon asked as they left the house with the hands full.

"The best way to greet someone is with respect and food!" She chuckled and struggled in opening the front door to his house.

"Here, let me try." He adjusted the position of trays in his hand and put them all on one hand. Then with his free hand he turned the door knob and it opened. She shook her head lightly, feeling silly for not thinking of that.

"Oh, you guys are back." After a few more rounds back and forth all the food was settled in the kitchen.

Namjoon nodded and stated. "Lisa made a lot of food. We're grateful and we'll be sure to repay you." He smiled wildly as he leaned against the kitchen table.

"No, it's nothing." She waved her hand in the air. "Cooking is my hobby and it was great to cook again." She slipped her hands in her pocket. "Go sit down, I'll prepare the food."

Lisa touched about the pots and pans and picked them up, ready to set them on the table.

"This is our house. You treated us so it's our turn to help you." His mother said, slapping her hands gently away from the handles.

"No, it's okay. Seriously, go sit down. I have to do the full job don't I?" She placed the pot down and ushered the mother to sit down.

His mother hesitantly sat down and smiled to herself. "At least allow Namjoon to help you."

Lisa nodded. She started plating the soup and rice first. "Is it okay if I use your fridge?" She asked Namjoon, not sparing one look at him. She added a few more decorations to the Chocolate and passion fruit bavarois, sprinkling some chocolate shavings on top. 

"Yeah, sure." He opened the fridge and made some space for the strawberry & raspberry cheesecake. He took the tray from her hands and placed them carefully in the first slot. After a few minutes, their refrigerator was full of a variety of different flavoured desserts. He helped her serve the plates ate the dining table where his mother sat with her hands clasped together, excited for the food.