29|

She was staring at a picture of her and her mother. She was smiling brightly in that picture, her mum kissing her cheek. All she wanted was for time to go back and for everything to start again. If she knew what would happen, she would've done everything differently.

She just hopes her time is soon to come as well.

It was Friday and her appointment was in just about an hour. She got changed into casual clothes which consisted of a white shirt with ripped jeans, a plaid flannel wrapped around her waist and her trainers. She applied light makeup and let her hair rest down her shoulders.

She took the bus instead of the car because parking was very difficult to find. Especially since Myungsoo hospital is right in Seoul and it's a very busy place. With traffic and everything, the time it takes to get there by car is almost the same as the time it takes to get there by bus.

The bus ride was fairly normal, it's been a while since she's been on one. She sat at the very back with her earphones plugged in. She blended in so well no one wouldn't guessed she was a CEO. It's just that she isn't a fan of very formal clothes. She likes to feel comfortable in the clothes she wears but also she doesn't want others to think she's more important. Even though they work for her, she wants her workers to act comfortably around her.

She arrived there not long after and Taehyung was already there waiting for her. He was wearing a simple blue shirt, half tucked in to his black jeans. His hair looked a little different today.

"Ah, you dyed your hair?" She massaged his scalp as she ruffled her hands through his hair.

"Yep, it's orange." His hair was coloured a bright orange and it really stood out. Amongst a crowd, his head would definitely be the first one you'd spot.

"Alright let's go." She hesitated for a while before walking up the stairs to the hospital.

"Wh-where are we going?" He held onto her wrist, his eyes fluttering as he couldn't quite grasp the situation.

She took his hand off her wrist and held it in her hands. "Follow me." She unintentionally whispered and she led him to the reception desk.

"How can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm here for my appointment. Lalisa Manoban." She stated as she leaned over the frame.

"Yes, please follow me." The lady stood up and led her towards a room named 6.

Lisa knocked on the the door and entered upon hearing the doctor's voice. She turned around to see worry written all over Taehyung's face.

"It's not like I'm going to die." She chuckled and dragged his arm into the room.

•••

"Three months left until it's predicted for your death. It has spread severely and all over your chest and I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about it. I can prescribe you some medications if there's any pain but that's all." The doctor put on his glasses and typed some information into the computer.

"What do you mean that's all? My girlfriend is about to die? Haha, very funny." He takes through his hair. "She's not going anywhere." He murmured and took her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked, blindly following him as he dragged her someplace.

He kept silent until they arrived at the coffee shop. He seated her down and went off to the till to order some drinks. Lisa had a gut feeling that he was going to demand for an explanation so she took a deep breath, exhaling all the nerves.

As he sat down opposite her and placed her drink in front of her, before he had a chance to speak she quickly said a few things.

"It was about two years ago when I found out. I was diagnosed with cancer but it wasn't that severe. I refused to go for any check ups or chemotherapy because it was all so overwhelming but I did attend very few days. Then it was just before we broke up that they told me I wasn't going to make it." She choked on her tears.

"I didn't want to break up with you. I wanted you to be there beside me throughout the whole process and tell me that everything's going to be ok but I didn't go through to that plan. I was so worried that you'd leave me if I told you or that you'd think I'm a totally different person and treat me differently. I know that's a really stupid reason but it was like.... real."

"I actually felt that way and those mixed emotions had a massive toll on me and left a negative impact. I was just so scared and I didn't want to lose you so-" her voice suddenly got quieter and she dropped her head down. "I lost you instead." She whispered.

"Lisa...-"

"I'm okay." She sat up straight. "It's all cool,  just needed to tell you." She cracked a smile.

"Don't smile."

She looked up at him.

"Just because people are smiling, doesn't mean they are happy. Just because people are crying, doesn't mean they're sad."

7 Suitsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें