28

She sucked in her lips, trying to control her emotions. Why was there a camera crew here? Isn't privacy needed at a place like this? The service is already over and she was planning on going home.

She pulled Jimin over to the side, away from the crowd. She ran her hands through her hair, sighing ever so heavily.

"Why are you here?" She asked. "Never mind, why are they here?" She tilted her head towards the crowd. Yoongi and Seokjin were trying to kick them out but they keep pushing back forwards and saying that they're with Jimin.

"I want everyone to know that I'm here for you. And that if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here." He put his hands on te her shoulder and forced her into a hug, practically sucking all the oxygen out of her body.

She squirmed under his grip. "Let me go!" She said.

"Shhh." He hummed. He sounded sadistic.

"Let me go or I swear I'll-"

*THUD

Jimin fell to the floor, his lip busted. Lisa looked up and there stood Taehyung. He grabbed Lisa's hand and stormed out of the door. They arrived at the park shortly after and his hand was still holding onto hers tightly.

"That's hurts." She winced slightly and he quickly let go after apologizing.

"Why are you here?" She turned to face him, the sight of his face making hers soften.

"Because I'm sorry." He looked away and turned his attention to the picturesque city. "I'm a lot of things but mainly sorry. I was a coward. Instead of talking about it, I ran away. This year I've realized a lot of things, one of them being that I do still love you. I've questioned myself millions of times but the answer is always the same."

"I can't control the way I feel but I can hide it. I was trying to hide the fact that I'm not over you because I was hurt. Yes, you hurt me. I didn't know what to do. You were the one that gave me guidance and light and when you were not there I was just...." He took a deep breath. "Lost." He turned back around to face her.

"I don't know what to do now, I'm not even sure I'm allowed to do this. When I heard about the funeral, I was so heartbroken. Knowing your mother has died, I knew you were gonna be upset and that's what got me distressed. I couldn't think straight but the only thing I knew to do was to go see you."

"I was standing outside of the hall for almost an hour, more than an hour. I wanted to go see you but I was scared of how you'd react. I know the timing is awful but I just have to say it. Lisa Manoban, I love you."

As his speech ended, he looked at her square in the eyes for the first time. Her eyes full of tears but none of them dared to fall. She took a step further towards him and fell into his arms.

She's been wanting to feel his warmth for some time now. Her arms around his waist with his snaked across her back. It was a warm feeling and she wanted that warmth for the rest of her life.

"I'm sorry. I'll tell you everything, meet me Friday at 4:00pm in front of the hospital."

"Why there?"

"Because...." She has to come up with a quick excuse as she didn't want to get into the whole reason why. "It's convenient."

"Okay." He nodded. "Shall I take you home?"

"Yes, please." He hooked her arm around his and they walked together back down to his car.

They didn't talk much but they were very much comfortable. Even without words, they were able to understand what each other is feeling. He opened the door for her and she smiled brightly as she got inside.

They turned on the radio and a melodic song played, a relatable one that they both knew.

"I was allowed to hit Jimin right?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, of course. He deserves a full beating." She giggled but as her thoughts consumed her she felt doubtful. The doubts she harboured considered Jimin's feelings and reliability.

"How come after all this time you still have caramel and vanilla with choco drizzling?" He laughed out loud.

"It's nice to hear you laugh." She leaned back in her seat and looked at him, the corners of her lips going up as he continued to laugh.

"It's nice to see you smile." He nuzzled her nose in between his thumb making her giggle.