33|

The sun marked its place in the aesthetic yellow sky. The blue hasn't seeped in yet, the horizon coloured in an orangy brown. The birds soared across the sky, looking over the many houses that stood in the heart of Seoul. It was a warm morning, very early in fact. The crowd in Namjoon's house dispersed before he woke up. Each of them having to attend work or whatnot.

Lisa tapped her feet impatiently on the reflective mirror glass that lay beneath her feet. Beside her an old woman reading a boring book and a little child devouring a lollipop. She leaned her head back against the wall and let out a sigh of frustration.

"Lalisa Manoban." Her name was called and upon hearing it, she swiftly stood up and followed the lady. She was led into another white room where she was before an old man behind a desk. He offered her a seat and she sat in front of him, crossing one leg over the other to make her come across as ladylike.

"Your condition is getting worse." He scanned the checkboard that listed all her details and progress.

She bit her lip harshly, fiddling with her fingers as the doctor carried on.

"You don't have a lot of time left. Those three months may not be accurate." He explained to her all the information she needed to know. The tears pricked her eyes but she refused to let them fall. "The best decision for you now is to be hospitalised." He continued. "It's very rare for people to survive but there's still a chance you can make it. Most times it's a psychological thing, being with loved one can help your treatment a lot."

She nodded.

"Cut down on salts, reduce your intake of saturated foods and cholesterol. Too much saturated fats and cholesterol can cause plaque deposits to form in the heart arteries resulting in a heart attack. There are dangers all around you, be cautious and be safe."

The doctor talked some more and it would be a lie if she said she listened. She zoned out half the time, thinking about how Taehyung would feel after she dies. If everyone would carry on life like nothing ever happened or if they'd hold on to her. Though the latter was a big stretch to her imagination, she still hoped they'd remember her.

She made her way to their exit, passing the reception on her way out. She saw a poster encouraging volunteers to give their organs to people who need them. She picked it up from the little pocket thing and read through them, the advantages and disadvantages. She took the poster with her and headed to the reception. She showed the lady the poster and received a list of names and their requested organs.

She scanned the list, making her way down one by one. Then she stopped. She came across a name that seemed to familiar to her. She repeated the name over and over again but her stubborn memory refused to allow her to remember.

Taehee.

Kim Taehee — in need of a heart transplant

Age: 15

Emergency number: XXX

She knew what she needed to do.