26|

"My mum wasn't an easy person, I guess. She would always get what she wants and not because she forced others but it was because she was strong. She fought for what she thought was right and in the end good beats evil. She was a warm, compassionate and vibrant woman who had a wonderful sense of humour. There's not one day she failed to make me laugh. My mum was a proud and dignified woman who had a passion for life."

"Determination and persistence. That's all it took for her to succeed in life. As a young kid, I wasn't obedient. I would always go out and disobey my mum and get into a lot of fights. There was this one time where I was completely out of it and did some really horrible stuff that still come to haunt me today. When I told my mum, she stayed patient and told me everything was going to be okay."

"One of her favourite quotes was, 'aspire to inspire before you expire' let me tell you, my mum inspired me an awful lot. Without my mum I wouldn't be the same person I was today. As the years went by, my mum grew to become my best friend. We had no secrets between each other and I would gossip to her like I would to anyone else. Her greatest quality was to encourage me to never give up. She told me over and over again until it stuck that if I wanted something I should go for it."

"She has always been my pillars to support me, my little general guildlines to keep me on track, my strength and comfort when times get tough. I have no idea how I'll cope without her, it's like a large piece of my heart has been cut out and burned. I love my mum and I always will. Even though she won't physically be with me, I'll always keep her in my heart and mind and live the rest of my life the way she taught me."

"It's an honour to stand here before you and share with you my precious memories with my mother. She will be missed by all but her memory will live on forever."

The crowd erupted into quiet applause. Sobs heard from each corner of the room. I picked up some papers from the podium and exited the stage. Now everyone would just walk by the coffin and say what they want to say.

The air felt so stuffy and I was so dizzy. I can't ignore the terrible pit of swirling guilt at bottom of my stomach. My mum was proud but she wasn't proud of me. I disappointed her. I failed her. I failed me duty at a rightful daughter. Just the thought of her not being with me makes my head hurt. I escaped the building and ran outside, leaning against a tree for support.

There was a pond. It wasn't anything special but somehow it felt amazing. Something so ordinary can feel so extraordinary. Maybe it's because my emotions and feelings are heightened. I slid down the tree and put my head in my hands, shaking it slightly in disbelief. I refuse. Tomorrow I will wake up to my mum's 'good morning princess' and we will go to work together. The tears aggressively forced their way down my cheeks and tiny droplets fell onto my hands.

I miss her already. I miss her so much. It's been almost an hour of me just sitting here, not wanting to accept reality. It's gotten to the point now where I don't feel anything. My mum was my whole heart and now that that's carved out of my chest, I don't feel anything.

TAEHYUNG's POV

I received an invitation through the post this morning but I was too lazy to go and check. There was not work today and I was dying of boredom. I got up from the couch in attempt to drown myself in some work. I looked over to the door and there lay a white envelope with a red sealing on the front. With small steps, I approached the envelope and sat back down at the couch.

"Funeral?" I murmured, unable to understand what this letter is trying to tell me. I turned the letter around, on the other side and that's when it clicked. "I hope you attend, Lalisa Manoban." I read out.

I put my hand over my mouth to prevent any further whimpers. I've known Ms Manoban for the longest time but more importantly I know Lisa. She must be so heartbroken and distressed. No shit Sherlock, her mum just died. I took a breather to accept the fact that she died but I just couldn't.

Apart from her mum, Lisa only had me. But that was before. Now she has no one. I need to be there for her. I went upstairs and headed straight for the shower. After that, I put on a suit and tie, black of course. I haven't been to many funerals in my life and I'm thankful for that but for the very few that I do attend, the dress code is quite obvious.

I grabbed my wallet and phone, I planned to go get some flowers for Lisa. When we were still together, Lisa was the most happiest, cheerful person ever. I can't imagine how she feels right now and to be honest something inside of me hurts. I don't know what it is but it triggers me.

I got her a bouquet of lilies as the lady said is symbolises the innocence that has been restored to the soul of the departed. I arrived at the funeral and everyone was in a wreck. If they're all like this, imagine how Lisa would be.

But the thing is, I know Lisa like the back of my hand. I know her more than she knows herself and in times like this she would just break and cry. Of course, she'd go someplace private first because she hates people seeing her cry, even if it's at her own mother's funeral. Then she'll probably run out of tears and space out for the longest time. She won't show people that she's hurting. I don't know why but she keeps it all in.

I don't want her to.

I want her to tell me how she feels.

I want her to cry.

I want her to let it all out.

But I'm in no place to.