✖️eighteen✖️

Brennen's POV

i've done nothing but lay in head i can't believe i did what i did i hate myself for it it was a mistake, and now colby is just gone? how can he just disappear i called him but he didn't answer although i don't know what i was expecting i probably broke his heart. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't worried sick i do love Colby a lot and i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i knew he was hurt or hurt himself mainly because its probably my fault, and in all honesty all i want is to hear his voice again, the face he made when he saw.. it was so sad he looked so betrayed so upset and i swear ill never get that image out of my head.

i decided to try to call him again

and to my surprise he answered or so i thought

"hello colby?" i asked with happiness in my voice "hello and no this isn't colby" a males voice said i began to worry its a voice i don't know "who is this wheres Colby?" i said with concern in my voice "this is Nate colby's friend and colby's right next to me he said it was okay if i answered" he said not sounding too pleased "can i talk to him please" i said sounding slightly hopeful "one second" he said "hey colbear, wanna talk him" he asked colby but colbear? are they dating? did he move on that fast? no he wouldn't, would he? "what do you want Brennen" he said cold hearted "Baby im so so-" i began to say but i was cut off "first of all don't call me that obviously i mean nothing to you and two i don't wanna hear your bullshit apology" he said with no emotion in his voice, "Colby listen you mean a lot to me i swear on everything i love i don't know what came over me, please just give me another chance and i swear if i fuck it up i'll walk out of your life forever....please" i begged i don't wanna lose him i can't lose him "ill think about it" was all he said before he hung up that at least gave me a bit of hope.

Colbys POV

i hung up on him, i want to give him another chance because i don't really wanna lose him but he really hurt me and it will talk a while until i can trust him again "are you okay?" Nate asked sweetly "i will be" is all i said in response "colby talk to me, whats wrong?" he said staring me in the eyes, i could always read him and he really wants to know. we sat criss cross in front of each other on the couch "well, its just i really love Brennen but i don't know if i can forgive him for what he did" i said not making eye contact with Nate "listen i can tell you really care about him and love him, and i do think he deserves a second chance but i think you should make him wait and see what he does to see if hes actually serious" he replied i thought about it for a second, hes right i should wait to know if he means it "you're right, thank you" i said and he smiled i looked down because i felt myself blush why do i feel this way?, its wrong " in all honesty," Nate began to say which made me look but but i wasn't sure if my cheeks were still pink or not "i don't want you to go back, because after you and sam left everything kinda went down hill my parents arent together anymore and neither of them want anything to do with me and i don't really have any friends here..." my heart broke, how come he never told me? "i'm sorry Nate i had no idea" i said sadly pulling him into a hug and i felt tears soak through my shirt, i can't leave him. i was the first one to pull away but my hands stayed on his shoulders, his tear soaked face broke my heart more "i don't want to leave you, i can't...." i stopped speaking because i didn't know what else to say until i got an idea, he could come back to LA with me! and he could stay with us until he found a place "Nate!! i don't have to leave you!" i said smiling like a dumbass "w-what" he asked between sniffles "you can come back to LA with me and stay at my house until you can get your own place!!" i said still smiling "but i don't have any money for a plane ticket" he said sadly "don't worry about that ill pay" i said and i saw a small smile form on his face "oh my god!! thank you colby" he said cheerfully wrapping his arms around me again and i did the same, "but where will i sleep?" he said pulling from the hug "well i have a decent sized bed and ive got a couch in my room so if you really don't wanna sleep with me that bad theres always that" i laughed at the end "yeah okay um yeah!! im actually at a loss for words" he said still smiling "okay well besides for that, can you take me to go see my parents?" i asked raising a eyebrow "yeah when do you wanna go?" he questioned "now if thats okay" i said raising both eyebrows this time "yeah just lemme grab my shoes" he said standing up and grabbing his shoes and i did the same "one second ill be right back" he said walking towards the bathroom, when he came back he had his hair pulled up in a manbun not gonna lie he looked good "okay we can go now" he said and i rolled my eyes "Jesus" I said to myself in a joking way.

The car ride was mostly quiet, I was getting nervous because they didn't know I was coming and I'm gonna come out to my parents today, I have no idea how they will react they never seemed homophobic but that never changes anything, it's still one of the most scariest things to do because usually people don't understand it well those who never had to deal with it. My heart was beating out of my chest, a familiar lump grew in my throat making it feel like like couldn't breath it's like the world is closing in on me (just my experience when I came out to my parents as bisexual) "you okay, Colby?" Nate asked which snapped me out of whatever it was in "n-no I'm gonna tell my parents I'm gay and honestly I'm terrified" I said honestly "it'll be okay I promise and if not I'll be right there  next to you" He reassured me, I took a deep breath in and out and nodded.

We pulled into my parents drive way, my heart way racing and my stomach was in knots "ready" Nate asked and I shook my head as we stepped out of the car began to re-think what I'm doing but there isn't any turning back know, we walked to the door I knocked first, I was greeted by my mother "Colby!!! What are you doing here!!" He said wrapping her arms around me tightly "mom I need to breathe" I said dramatically "yeah sorry" she said pulling away "oh and Nate how are you sweetheart?" He asked kindly "I'm good mrs. Brock" he replied "oh come in guys she said walking in front of us "James, gage come down stairs" (I DONT KNOW COLBYS DADS NAME IF YOU DO TELL ME PLEASE) she shouted and I took a seat along with Nate on the couch "colbyyyy!!" My little brother shouted as he ran up to me and hugged me "hey little dude!!" I said happily "hello cole, nice to see your back" my father said "hello, sir t-thank you?" I stuttered my father is very strict an always made his children call him sir and shit it's stupid in my opinion but it's not pretty when we don't so not much I can do "so hunny why didn't you tell us you were coming back home for a little while, and where's sam? He's usually with you" she said walking in from the kitchen and sitting down "well I wanted it to be a surprise and sam stayed in LA" I said with a weak smile "oh okay" she said sounding confused "oh where's the dogs?" I asked noticing they haven't attacked me yet "oh they are out back I'm sure you want me to bring them in right?" She asked smiling and I nodded, I swear those dogs are my favorite part about coming home, I heard the back door open and the sound of nails running towards us on the wooden floor " Cokie! Foxy! Come here baby's" I said in that animal talking voice and they ran over to me and jumped on me licking me like crazy and just acting insane "yes I missed you guys too" I said laughing petting them, after a little while they calmed down and I looked over to Nate who sat there uncomfortable and I remembered what he said about his family and felt terrible, I nudged his arm softly and he looked at me sadly 'are you okay' I mouthed he shook his head yeah but I knew he was lying but I couldn't talk to him right now but when I get to I'll say sorry and stuff.

"So Mom, dad" I knew my father didn't like to be called that be I was being serious and he knew I was so he didn't say anything, Nate knew what I was about to do and I looked over at him scared but he gave me a look of reassurance "I need to tell you guys something" I said refusing to make eye contact "well you can tell us anything hunny?" My mother said "I'm-" I began but stopped myself for a second "im gay" I said in one breath, I looked up to see my father walk away and my mom just looking at me, I felt my eyes well up with tears "it's okay hunny, and your father will come around eventually" I shook my head in response and I let tears slip down my face "I'm sorry to ask but are you and Nate like together" she asked softly and I laughed "Nono we are just friends mom" I smiled and I looked over to Nate who was always laughing "oh okay sorry" she said and I nodded.

~time skip~

Nate and I went back to his place after a little while and now we were just sitting on his couch listening to music and we were both just on our phones but I saw him out of the corner of my eye put his phone down and look at me I thought he was gonna say something but he didn't he just stared at me and I giggled to myself "wow am I really that ugly" I said not looking up from my phone "no I just wanted to say something but I zoned out in fact I wasn't even looking at you I was looking over you" He said, I laughed "but for real though, I'm really proud of you Colby" he said, he sounded like he really meant it "thank you, not gonna lie it was probably the scariest thing I've ever done" I said truthfully putting my phone down "I'm not surprised if probably feel the same way" he said laughing a little "can we go to bed? It's been a long day and I'm tired" I said "yeah we can c'mon" he said grabbing his phone and I did the same, we walked to his room and it was like as soon as I put my head to the pillow I fell asleep but I did dream about Brennen but they were happy dreams.

HEY guys so this is a pretty long chapter but how did y'all like it?