[Chapter 7]

Once my sister left, thoughts started running through my head.
Will we be able to find a donor? If so, will I be able to survive the operation? What are the chances of me even surviving? If ever I do survive is my life going to be the same or slightly different?

These thoughts kept going through my head and distracted me when I was walking. When I snapped out of my thoughts, I looked up and somehow ended up right infront of Dr.Jeon's office. I looked around to check if there were any patients waiting to see him but there wasn't any.

"Uhh.. Hey nurse, is Dr. Jeon still in his office?"

"Oh, hey Park Joy-ssi, Dr. Jeon is in his office but he is dealing with a patient at the moment."

"Oh ok, I just wanted to ask him a few things about my condition.., if that's okay?"

"Yeah, absolutely but you might have to wait a little bit like maybe 2-3 more mins. Also if you want,I can go let him know that you're here."

"Ah ne, that would be great, kamsahamnida." And with that the nurse left.

Few mins later, I heard Dr. Jeon's door open. I looked up to see if it was the nurse but it was Dr. Jeon.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sonsaengnim."

"Hi, Joy-ssi. The nurse informed me that you are here, is there a problem? are you not feeling well?"

"Oh aniyo, I just wanted to ask a few things about the chances of me surving and all that kind of stuff..."

"Oh ok, well come in to my office and we can talk more about those. Is that okay?"
"Ah ne" He then opened the door for  me and we started talking more about my condition.

"So whats troubling you lately Joy-ssi?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"Oh no, there is nothing really except a few questions and an apology earlier about my eonni"

"Oh no, no need to apologize. I've seen those happen many times before." He said while recalling those moments with his previous patients

"Ah ne kamsahamnida. One of my questions is that if we did actually find a heart donor, what are the chances of me surviving?"

"Well.., at this point its tough to say but there possibly might be a 50/50 chance. Right now you are at good place, if we found a donor now. But as your sister mentioned earlier and she is right, it is almost impossible to find one... especially since it has to match up with your blood type and a bunch of other things..."

"Oh" That was the only thing that came out from my mouth, I wanted to speak some more and ask more but that pain is back again.

It was silent for a few seconds until there was an alarm that went off in his office. Suddenly the nurse from earlier burst in "Dr. Jeon there is an emergency and we need you for this. Right now." She then turned to me and I bowed to her before she left.

"Im really sorry Joy-ssi but I need to take this.Does that answer your question? Or are there any other questions?" Dr. Jeon said while getting ready for the emergency

"Ahh, aniyo sonsaengnim its fine, kamsahamnida for answering my questions. I also have to get going." I said then bowed to him, left his office and exited the hospital.

I decided to check the time and it reads 6:30pm. Shoot! I have to be home before 7:00pm. Aish.!

As I was walking while looking down on my phone, I accidentally bumped into someone making me fall on the ground.

"Yah! Watch where you're going!!" a young man yelled. He seems about the same age as me or a little older probably a year or 2.

"Mianhaeyo-o Ah-j-ussi.." I sttutered as I felt that pain again,but this time worse than before and it made me weak. I tried to get up but I was too weak and wasn't able to.

I thought that the young man had already left, but he was still somewhat nearby where I was, so he decided to help me up.

When I got up, I suddenly felt dizzy. The last thing I felt was almost a stabbing pain in my chest, I felt even weaker than before and then after that everything went black...