[Chapter 12]

JOY POV
*Joy finally wakes up(A/N: yay!!)*

When I opened my eyes, I noticed the young man from earlier. He must have fallen asleep while waiting for me to wake up. I wanted to check the time and also to see if my sister had texted me.

He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping so I tried to be careful and not wake him up. But since
I'm a very clumsy person, I accidentally woke him up.

Aish, I'm so clumsy, aniya go back to sleep I didn't mean to wake you up.

He opened his eyes, then yawned and stretched. ~aww adorable~

When he saw that I was already awake, he stood up and got ready to leave. But he stopped when I caught his wrist.

"Ya! What do you think you're doing?!" he yelled and turned to face me.

"I-I just wanted to say t-thank you-u... for bringing me here when I was to wea--".

"Is that all?" he interrupted.

"Because look I have to go somewhere and you're wasting my time!!"

I then slowly let go of his wrist, and after that he left without even looking back...

I sighed, then decided to check my phone.

OmG?!! 35 missed calls from ♡wendy eonni

Shoot Im so dead!! I decided to get up and leave but then Dr.Jeon came in my room with Dr. Kim and Dr. Chae.

Really? Why now..

"Joy-ssi, where are you going?" Dr. Jeon asked,

"Uhm, I was just about to leave and go home. My sister called me and I missed her calls.. She must be worried so I need to get home."

"But Joy-ssi its too late for you to go out now, its 11:45 at night"

"MWO?! How long was I unconcious for?"

"Hmm, about 30 or so mins and then you were asleep for about 5 or 6 hours." Dr. Kim answered

"We thought you were dead and had us worried.." Dr. Chae added

"Jjinja? Mianhaeyo, Im just a deep sleeper. So mianhaeyo if I had you worried." I bowed and apologized to all 3 of them.

"Aniya Joy-ssi, its okay. Also no need to worry. I let your sister know already that you won't be coming home tonight." Dr. Jeon informed me.

"Did you tell her..?"

"Ani, but all I said was that its late for you to come home so its best if you stayed here for now. Also, we want to monitor you and see how you're doing. We already started our search for a heart donor for you." Dr. Jeon said while he seems uneasy.

"Sonsaengnim, does that mean..the countdown begins..?"

"..." all 3 of them looked at each other then looked down

"Im afraid so Joy-ssi. But we'll try our best within those 3 months to cure you."

"Arasseoyo, kamsahamnida" I bowed to all 3 of them again and headed back to my bed.

"We'll take our leave and see you tomorrow." Then with that all 3 of them exited the room.

I layed on my bed and turned to the side, without realizing a tear rolled down my cheek.

Aniya Park Joy, you'll be fine. You can do this and win this battle. Don't cry you can do this...