Chapter 6

// let's get this thing started :00 also today's song while writing is Non-Stop and Hellfire. also want to mention they are 17, I forgot to write that in the character design  ;p

My phone rang, it was my mom, she was calling to pick us up. We stood up from where we sat, and headed towards the door. Once in the car, my mom turned down the music that was playing.
"How was it?"
"It was fun." I said smiling, trying to tell myself that it was. Daiki looked at me a little hint of worry in his eyes. I shot him a quick smile, hoping to give him some reassurance.
"Oh, by the way we got a movie for tonight."
"What movie?"
"Friday the 13th"
"I love horror!" My mom looked very happy, how could you not love her?
On the rest of the way home we listened to the radio.

Once we were home we headed to the living room.
"I'll go grab popcorn, and drinks"
She went into the kitchen, and worked her magic. I booted up the tv and put the movie in. We sat down on the couch, waiting for my mom to return.
"Have you seen this movie before?"
"Mhm it's one of my favorites."
I smiled, and he smiled back at me, this time he showed no worry.
My mom walked in, and the smell of popcorn filled the room. She sat down, and handed us the popcorn, and drinks.
"Thank you." He said while smiling.
"No problem." My mom returned the smile, and said to me," Did you set up the movie?"
"Yeah."
I picked up the remote, and pressed play. When the movie started to play I moved closer to Daiki. I rested my head on his shoulder later in the movie.  My eyelids began to feel weighted the longer the movie went along. Next thing I knew, I was out like a light.

~Daiki's P.O.V~

She felt weightless on my shoulder. I wasn't able to focus on the movie, my eyes were on the screen. Yet the words went through one ear, then the other. Her hand was clenched on my arm. She looked peaceful when she was asleep. Her mom left halfway through the movie, and before she left she looked at my shoko then Licht's, noticing that they didn't connect. She looked at me and said, "If you want you can stay here tonight, since the movie will run late."
"Oh, okay."
She went into her room, and came back with a pair of pajamas in her hands.
"You can use these, and I'll wash your uniform for tomorrow."
"Thank you, and in return I could make breakfast for tomorrow."
"Sounds good"
She handed me the pajamas, and walked over to wake up Licht.
"Sweetie, go change. I'll do the wash tonight."
"Okay" she said sounding sleepy. I walked into the bathroom to change. The pajamas were a long white sleeve shirt, and long plaid pajama pants. I walked back out and said, "Where is the laundry room?"
"Oh, it's fine, I'll take them." She said while taking the clothes, and then heading away into a hallway.
I sat down on the couch, waiting for Licht to return, and she walked out of her room a minute later. She was wearing a black tank top, and a grey pair of athletic shorts. She handed her mom her clothes, and took a seat next to me.

We started to watch the movie again, and at one point Licht stood up to grab a blanket. When she stood up, I stretched my legs out because they cramped a little bit. She came back over, and laid beside me. She fell asleep, and I played with her hair. Soon I fell asleep too.

~Licht's P.O.V~
That night I had a nightmare. I was being ripped away from the ones I love. I watched as they died, and I wasn't able to do anything about it. My heart was beating fast, my breathing became fast, and rugged. My eyes fluttered open, and the first thing I saw was him. He was sleeping a few feet away from me. I thought my mind, and eyes were playing tricks on me. I didn't believe it was real. Turns out I was breathing loudly, and rustling around. Daiki's eyes opened, they went from sleepy to alert when he saw me. He sat up, and moved closer towards me. Even though this time I knew it was real my breathing never slowed down, why? Why?

His hands lifted up, and searched my face. A single tear ran down.
"Are you hurt?"
I nodded my head no, and shut my eyes. He wrapped a blanket around my shoulders. I thought he head left, but he cuddled me. I clenched his shirt with my hands, and laid on top of him. This time he didn't coax my hair, he just held me. My breathing had slowed down, it was now at a normal pace. My head was resting on his chest when I fell asleep into the morning.

When I woke up my head was still on his chest, and his arms were still around me. I looked over to the clock, it was about 10 minutes until we were supposed to get up. I rested my head back on his chest, and closed my eyes. Daiki shifted underneath me, and I looked up. He lifted up one hand, and rubbed his eyes before looking at me.
"Good morning." He said, his voice was still rough from just waking up.
"Morning" I said, my voice having a happy edge to it.
He picked up his phone, and checked the time, "I should start making breakfast soon."
"Okay"
He put his hands through my hair again, and started playing with it, it was very soothing. Time passed like this until he told me he needed to start making breakfast. I pouted in response, I don't know why but I just wanted to stay like this forever.

He leaned down, and kissed the top of my head and said, "Please?"

I rolled off of him, and sat up. To which he stood up, and headed to the kitchen. I just sat on the floor of the living room in amazement. The tip of my fingers grazed the spot where he kissed me. On the outside I was calm, but the inside was a different story.

~Daiki's P.O.V~
I found all the ingredients I needed for waffles. I picked waffles because I needed time to think, waffles had been one of my first recipes, so I knew it like the back of my hand. I didn't need to focus.
Last night I didn't get much sleep, my mind wouldn't let me. I stayed up most of the night, watching over Licht to make sure she was okay. Maybe if I had more sleep I wouldn't have kissed her on the head. I turned my head back to the living room, and saw her. She was smiling, and was touching her forehead where my lips had been. She looked very happy, and like she had won life itself.

Maybe I don't regret having little sleep.

//whoop whoop this took longer than expected cause I got very distracted during this.
//Hope you enjoyed :D