01 || the late kid

jihoon walked out of the math classroom with a frown on his face, he didn't like that class. he didn't like any of the loud students whose voices boomed in his ears even after they finished blabbing their mouths off.

jihoon wasn't exactly a social person either. he always stayed away from people unless he absolutely needed to interact with them like when he ordered delivery food or when the teacher called on him randomly rather than the ten students who were actually raising their hands, practically begging to be called on.

being unsocial didn't mean jihoon didn't have friends, because he did. somehow along the way he managed to get one good friend, choi seungcheol. the two had met in kindergarten when seungcheol made the mistake of trying to steal jihoon's juice box.

seungcheol earned himself both a bloody nose and a friend for life that day. along with seungcheol came his friends jeonghan and joshua, both weren't too close to jihoon but were decent to talk to when jihoon was tired of pretending to be mute around the other students (those moments were rare though).

jihoon walked into the english classroom, it was his next subject, and sat down in the very back of the classroom.

he saw his friend, seungcheol, waving at him from the front of the classroom, but he decided not to sit in the front with him. instead he sat in the back, alone, surrounded by people he didn't know.

jihoon liked it much better that way exactly because if he sat next to people he didn't know, there was an extremely high chance that none of them were going to talk to him. the class started and the english teacher rambled on about who knows what when a blonde boy barged into class.

"sorry I'm late teacher!" jihoon didn't recognize the student who had everyone's attention. the blonde student then bowed down to the teacher to show his guilt for being late. "I had to talk to the counselor about something!"

"it's fine soonyoung, just sit in the empty seat next to.. uh?" the english teacher looked over to jihoon cluelessly. the young female teacher was new to the school and has a tendency to forget names, especially jihoon's because of his habit of not speaking to anyone.

"jihoon, it's jihoon!" seungcheol declared proudly to the teacher who nodded, pretending she knew what jihoon's name was all along. "yeah. soonyoung sit next to jihoon. sorry about that jihoon, I just forgot-"

"It's fine, I don't really care." jihoon mumbled, the rest of the class turned to the teacher to find the teacher awkwardly chuckling.

the class continued on with the tecaher making corny jokes that everyone laughed at, including the blonde boy next to him. the class ended and jihoon was one of the last to leave the classroom, along with the blonde boy and seungcheol.

"Uh listen uh... sihoon? juhoon?" the english teacher approached jihoon.

"It's jihoon." seungcheol corrected yet again. jihoon reminded himself to thank seungcheol for speaking for him, he didn't really want to go through having to introduce himself to a teacher.

"I'm sorry about that, I'll learn your name soon." the teacher smiled and touched the boy's shoulder.

"okay." jihoon said coldly as he walked out the room with seungcheol, leaving the english teacher to be confused by the pair.

"wow juhoon." seungcheol nudged jihoon in the shoulder and they both started to laugh about the situation, or well seungcheol laughed and jihoon shook his head in disbelief.

behind them was the blonde student who had caught up with the two friends, eager to befriend them. "that was some great class wasn't it? I'm soonyoung!"

"sure, if you have a terrible sense of humor." jihoon shrugged his shoulders and walked away, leaving seungcheol behind to apologize for his bluntness.

= = =
heavily edited on 08/13/20