48 || what's up scooby doo

"how have you been?" soonyoung asked to ease up the awkward atmosphere of the room. both him and jihoon were seated on his bed together with less than a foot of distance between them. it had been the closest they had been to each other in a while and the couple knew that.

"I've been okay." jihoon answered bluntly. he was unsatisfied with his answer though and all the thoughts racing in his head proved that. the younger male was not okay, he was anything but okay. he wanted things between him and soonyoung to be better like they were before, but honestly was it better before? all jihoon did was act cold and stoic with soonyoung while he tried to love him. that's what he needed to do and that's why they were stuck in this awkward situation, jihoon needed to show that he loved soonyoung. "except not really because I miss you."

"you miss me?" the brunette turned to face jihoon. he was astonished by the sudden confession considering the shorter male didn't really express his emotions much. even when he did his best to show he liked soonyoung, jihoon still lacked a bit of that affection that soonyoung craved for. things seemed different with jihoon though. it was one thing that the younger male was actually going to open up to him, but the caring look in his eyes was what did it for soonyoung.

"I miss you and everything about you. I miss about how you wait for me at my locker every morning and how you walk me home after school every day. I even miss how you randomly showed up at my apartment and blabbed about shinee." jihoon trailed off to look down at the bed. soonyoung had his hand placed right next to jihoon's, all he had to do was close the small gap of space between their hands. he hesistated for a second, not really sure if he could do it, but decided not to listen to his doubtful mind. "I miss loving you soonie."

soonyoung's expression softened when he felt jihoon's hand wrap itself in his own hand. it was such a familiar feeling, the warmth from jihoon's hand just lit up his heart. the fact that jihoon initiated skinship between the two was also something to point out. "oh jihoon you need to stop all this lovey dovey business because I'm going to start crying and I look really ugly when I cry."

"I was just so upset because our date was ruined by those two camp nerds! they kept hogging your attention and you let them." the brunette frowned and used his free hand to wipe the small tears that threatened to slide down his face. jihoon shifted closer to soonyoung and used his own free hand to pull up his sweater sleeve and wipe a stray tear he spotted. "I'm sorry soonyoung, I really am. you could have told me that was what was wrong though."

"I know but I was too mad to say anything. I tend to blow up when I let my emotions get the best of me, I didn't want to drive you away." soonyoung pouted sadly. jihoon didn't like seeing the brunette look so sad even if he spent all week being tortured by his silence. that's why he tried to ease up by making a small joke, it's what soonyoung would do for him after all. "you didn't want to drive me away so you ignored me for a week and a half?"

"well at the time it seemed appropriate, but maybe I got a little carried away? I'm sorry jihoon." soonyoung looked down in shame. it wasn't uncommon for this type of thing to happen with him. soonyoung was so caught up on being happy for others, he forgot to take care of himself first. the brunette stuffed all his negative feelings away inside of himself and then let it all burst when something ticked him off.

if he had to guess, his bad mood started when jihoon had that project that limited the amount of time they both had to spend with each other. that mixed in with the jealousy of those two old friends was definitely a recipe for disaster. "you don't need to apologize to me, I'm the one that has to make it up to you."

"and how are you going to do that?" soonyoung glanced upwards at jihoon looking genuinely curious about what the latter was planning. truth be told jihoon didn't really know what he was going to do; he wasn't really the type to plan cheesy little dates, but he knew that he had to come up with something. soonyoung spent his time coming up with ideas for their dates, it was time he put some more effort into the relationship as well. "you'll see eventually."

"you're no fun jihoon really! at least give me a hint or something!" soonyoung broke out of his sad character to cling to jihoon's arm. he attempted to tickle the younger male but before he could deem himself successful of doing so, jihoon managed to slip his way out of soonyoung's grasp. "nope, you're not getting anything out of me."

it wasn't a big deal because soonyoung just tried tickling the answer out of jihoon again. his hands glided over to the latter's torso where soonyoung proceeded to tickle jihoon as hard as he could. a very wide smile could be seen on the brunette's face as jihoon's voice rang out in laughter. he stopped to let jihoon catch his breath, and that was when he was flipped onto his back.

"not even for a scooby snack?" the brunette asked as he looked up at jihoon from the position they were in. he thought it was funny, and would think it'd be hilarious if hayoung walked in on jihoon pinning him down to his bed. speaking of jihoon, he was without a doubt very distracted from how close they were to each other. he concentrated more on soonyoung's weird comment rather than focused on how he could feel his boyfriend's warm breath on his neck. "scooby snack, what type of headass-"

soonyoung lifted his head up so that he met jihoon's lips with his own. out of shock, the latter let go of soonyoung's arms which allowed him to wrap them around jihoon's neck so that his hands could play with jihoon's hair. they took a brief breath of air before soonyoung pulled himself up into a sitting position. he looked at his boyfriend, sharing a quick smile with him before jihoon reconnected their lips with a longer kiss. neither wanted to stop, it felt as blissful as being able to finally eat a meal after a visit to the dentist's office.

the couple continued with their intimacy, catching up on all the time together they'd missed out on. when they finally did separate for good, soonyoung smirked in satisfaction from how messy he managed to make the latter's hair in such little time. "I may be a petty bitch and all for ignoring you like that jihoon but god have I missed the taste of your lips."

"you're so- I really can't with you!" jihoon glared at soonyoung as he brought his hands up to his face to try to cover how flushed his cheeks were. there really was no point in doing so because soonyoung was already shooting him a tiny wink from where he sat on the bed. "but you love me any way right?"

"yeah I do love you." and after jihoon spotted a huge smile on soonyoung's face, he vowed to say those three words way more often to the brunette, all because of the priceless response soonyoung gave him.

= = =
I felt so tempted to break them up, but I couldn't go through with it cuz it'd be so evil of me too

plus I didn't want an angry wattpad mob with pitchforks coming at me ;-;