16 || question and answer

"so jihoon, I'm happy to report that we're officially partners for english class!" soonyoung exclaimed after the school bell had rung and signalled the end of last period.

soonyoung trailed behind jihoon as the shorter student made his way through the crowded hallway full of high school kids rushing to their lockers before running out of the school building to get home.

"I wish I went to school that one day so I wouldn't have been forced to pair up with you." jihoon sighed as he fumbled with his books. he placed a few things back in his locker before grabbing his school bag and closing it shut. "why are you following me soonyoung?"

"aren't we going to yours to work on our english?" soonyoung seemed visibly confused by jihoon's question, as if the latter had invited him over to his apartment within the last fourty five minutes they've been together.

jihoon didn't recall even mentioning that the blonde student could visit his home again, the idea of that hadn't even crossed his mind since the faithful day that soonyoung had had the pleasure of invading the shorter male's home.

"right." jihoon muttered out sarcastically as the duo made their way out of the school building like all the students before then had done. outside the building were a few lingering students who chattered with each other while waiting for their other friends.

among them, jihoon recognized mingyu and wonwoo from when he met both of them at their club weeks ago. he could tell it was them by the way they seemed to be arguing with each other, after all they were arguing when they met jihoon.

the arguing seemed to pick up when soonyoung passed by and gave a small wave to wonwoo. students passing by could sense the jealousy radiating off of mingyu where as jihoon failed to even pick that idea up and process it himself.

"we should get to know each other jihoon!" soonyoung exclaimed as they walked towards jihoon's street. the blonde student slung one of his arms over jihoon's shoulders to which jihoon responded by immediately throwing his arm off. "no."

"what's your favorite color?" soonyoung smiled at jihoon despite having his arm nearly dislocated by the aggressive student. he nudged jihoon's elbow, this would only provoke the grumpy student even more, as he fished for an answer. "come on you have to have a favorite color."

"blue, as in the midnight dark blue the sky turns when the moon fills the sky." jihoon felt himself cave in to soonyoung's request for a reply. he thought that answering soonyoung would shut the energetic student up, but boy did he have a lot to learn about the cheerful male walking alongside himself. "are you not going to ask me what MY favorite color is?"

"nope."

"well I'll tell you anyways." jihoon sighed even though he figured soonyoung would say that. the blonde student really couldn't control his volume when speaking which made jihoon flinch from how loud he exclaimed. "I like orange as in the cheeto dust orange!"

"good for you." soonyoung skipped on the sidewalk as jihoon sped ahead. he was going to see if he could rush off and lose soonyoung, but the latter knew where he lived anyway so it really wouldn't have had the result jihoon hoped for.

and besides, it wasn't long before soonyoung caught up with jihoon again and was right by his side. soonyoung stayed quiet for a moment and just as jihoon was internally celebrating the silence, soonyoung spoke up and ruined it. "so, why don't you like people?"

"why do you like people?" jihoon asked just as quickly as soonyoung asked his own question. he had read in a book before that the best way to answer a question was to ask one yourself.

because chances were that the person that had asked you a question would get too sidetracked by your question to remember that they even had a question for you to begin with. "well people, especially boys, are very cute. like sometimes when people get embarrassed they make the cutest faces and it makes me just wanna-"

"soonyoung?" the blonde student turned to face jihoon at the mention of his name. he looked like a meerkat flinching at the sight of danger. "yeah?"

"that was a rhetorical question." with that, the rest of the walk was spent in silence like jihoon had wanted.

but don't get your hopes up; as soon as they reached jihoon's apartment the energetic student had a million more questions to ask jihoon, starting off with what a rhetorical question even was.

= = =
heavily edited on 08/16/20