49 || just a little jihancheol love

seungcheol smiled eagerly as he approached the lunch table where a good majority of his friends were already eating and conversing with each other. he took a seat right next to joshua, placing his tray down as well before continuing to nod along to whatever the group was discussing.

the friend group was considerably close because they did all attend the same after-school club together, but you could argue that they had gotten way closer because of soonyoung and jihoon's relationship. the first time they had all agreed to sit next to each other was because the energetic brunette insisted that they all have an "epic lunch collab" and since then it's become tradition for them to goof around together.

"isn't it amazing how they're totally cool now?" jun exclaimed, focusing everyone's attention on the couple in question. jihoon and soonyoung weren't sitting at the table with them, but the couple was all they could talk about. how could you not talk about the pair after all they had been through with the multiple jealousy plots mixed in with their angsty hiatus?

"no because it took them over a week to make up, what kind of stubborn hoes are they? when it comes to jun, my pride means nothing." a voice next to the bubbly chinese male chimed in. the second part of his statement made jun smile and he leaned his head on his boyfriend's shoulder as a means to show affection for him. the couple sitting right across from them gave the happy pair a spotty glare.

"so if you had to admit you had a microdick for the sake of your relationship, you would do it hands down?" minghao looked mingyu right in the eyes as the energetic mood of the table dampened. it took the thin student a very long time to consider his options and a longer time debating with himself about which he would choose, his pride as a man or jun?

"next question please." mingyu broke out into a satisfied laugh from his best friend's response, he ended up being more content with the reaction coming from wonwoo because the older male offered him a proud smile for finally getting screen-time in this book for something that wasn't rated pg-13. on the other hand, jun slapped minghao's back as he pouted angrily at his boyfriend. "minghao!"

minghao presented a sheepish grin on his face for jun to try to gain some sympathy points from the older male, but of course jun was not here for that. jun proceeded to mumble something under his breath that sounded a lot like a threat but he covered it up cleverly by going back to cheerfully discussing video games with wonwoo.

it took a little while for seungcheol to adapt to their conversation, he was more focused on giving joshua his cherry tomatoes like he usually did, and by the time he was ready to give his own input on his best friend's relationship, the rest of the group was already miles ahead. "I'm actually really happy they made up too. jihoon was sad and mopey that whole week, I couldn't handle it for another second!"

"you're a bit late there buddy, but sure let's bring this conversation back up just for you gramps." wonwoo chuckled to himself mischeviously. he shut himself up though when he caught sight of both jeonghan and joshua shooting him the deadliest glares he'd ever seen. it really did look like they were ready to jump him; it was times like these that made wonwoo grateful for having his own personal six foot tall bodyguard (mingyu lol).

"how do you think they made up? I bet jihoon's ass caved and he begged for soonyoung to take him back." jeonghan laughed as he tried to join along with seungcheol's conversation. the older male looked really pleased with this, he loved it when people actually listened to him instead of shooting insults at him and crumbling cookies in his face like a certain somebody.

"nah that's more of a seungcheol thing; once my throat was sore so I couldn't speak for a day, cheol thought I was ignoring him and came begging for forgiveness at my doorstep the same day." seungcheol looked away from joshua to hide his flushed face. the gentle student promised he wouldn't reveal anything about that one time to anyone in exchange for cuddles (seungcheol didn't mind doing that either way but nobody knew that) and now here he was being betrayed; joshua certainly was learning too much from jeonghan.

"shut up joshua." jeonghan grumbled bitterly at his best friend. he was definitely jealous of joshua getting seungcheol to blush so openly; they were having an official unoffical competition for who could get more of seungcheol's attention and jeonghan was really not into losing. it was very apparent that the playful teenager was not fond of losing, in fact he did everything in his power to avoid it. "why does joshua get all the soft moments with you?? all I get is go away jeonghan, don't set my neighbor's house on fire jeonghan blah blah. I just want a little love here too!"

the table became silent as jihoon and soonyoung finally joined them to eat lunch. they took up the empty spaces next to minghao and seemed to be in their own world as they laughed about some inside joke from their english class (yes it was about how that poor teacher could never get jihoon's name right).

the rest of the student brought themselves into their little bubble of a world and soon they were all chuckling about their weird teacher. well one of them wasn't; he was actually more concerned about something else. "wait what was that about my neighbor's house?"

= = =
just a little break from the soonhoon plot, I hope nobody minds :3