31 || let's whack some moles

jihoon regretted saying yes to the arcade hangout idea as soon as the small group reached the arcade. he was confident in his decision after seeing how happy it made soonyoung, but his confidence was shattered in a matter of seconds when soonyoung ran off with wonwoo to check out some dancing machine game.

seokmin and seungkwan had tagged along to the arcade as well, but they were more interested in the karoke room towards the back of the arcade.

that left jihoon to wander around the arcade aimlessly with mingyu. both males weren't as enthusiastic as the others when it came to video games and then there was the fact that they were both abandoned by the other students; they didn't really want to wander on their own either so they just stuck together.

jihoon wasn't as close to mingyu as he was to soonyoung or seungcheol, which only made things awkward between them. he had to admit though, staying with mingyu was way better than having to hang around seokmin and seungkwan for the rest of the day.

the young duo was loud enough as it was when they were singing to girl group songs at club, just imagine how loud they would be when equipped with proper microphones with equally proper sound equipment. it gave jihoon a headache just thinking about all the noise they would make.

"what do you think about going there?" mingyu pointed to basketball shooting machines where two people were allowed to compete with each other for the higher score.

jihoon wasn't really a fan of basketball and he preferred to play something that didn't require him to use so much energy for. basically he was looking for a game you could win by sitting and doing nothing.

"I don't think so. you have the height advantage and I'm not into losing to the likes of you mingyu." jihoon turned down mingyu's idea yet again.

it had been the third time mingyu suggested a game for them to play only to be followed by jihoon's criticism of his choice. the last two games had also been sport-related though so mingyu should have expected the negative response this time as well.

"what do you want to play then? something stupid like air hockey? whack-a-mole?" mingyu spoke in an annoyed tone. he turned to jihoon to express his annoyance with the shorter male's lack of enthusiasm for the games he liked.

mingyu calmed his facial expression down though when seeing that jihoon stared at him with a very unamused look in his eye before walking off with the taller student right behind him.

the two of them found themselves whacking moles in the kids corner of the arcade where all the pg rated games for children under the age of ten were.

there the two of them stood, surrounded by intrigued elementary school children who watched as the pair aggressively tried to exterminate the entire population of moles in the arcade. it was supposed to be a joke, but one thing led to another and now here  jihoon and mingyu were.

"how the heck did someone get 300 points in this stupid game?" jihoon panted as he put down his hammer and left the machine to some kid who was eager to play.

you weren't really supposed to get tired from whacking moles but with the way mingyu and jihoon were smacking them, it was really hard not to be completely exhausted after the first two rounds.

"I have no clue. all I know is I'm not leaving here until I break that highscore, or when I go broke; both options are possible." mingyu kept his eyes on his machine, hitting every mole that dared to show its face to him.

jihoon stood next to mingyu and watched him for a bit before he decided to look around for other games they could play. that was when he spotted wonwoo and soonyoung who were now taking turns at a racing simulator game.

jihoon wanted to keep watching the two and the way they seemed to be enjoying each other's companies, but a loud yelp that sounded a lot like mingyu distracted him from doing so.

jihoon's head snapped up to look at a very sweaty mingyu approaching him. mingyu wiped his forehead with the bottom of his shirt, showing off the tank top he was wearing under it before jihoon spoke. "you broke the record already?"

"nah, this really judgemental looking mom was staring at me creepily and then her kid started crying for the machine so I booked it." mingyu glanced back to see the woman still staring at him suspiciously as she whispered about him to the other moms she was accompanied by.

when mingyu turned around to talk to jihoon, he caught sight of where the brunette was so focused and visibly frowned. "they bother you too huh?"

"bother is one way to put it, they irritate the heck out of me." jihoon agreed with mingyu as he grumbled a reply. as they spoke, wonwoo and soonyoung finished up with the racing game and headed off to get a bite to eat at the restaurant part of the arcade.

"understandable. I mean I'm dating wonwoo and he's out here flirting with soonyoung, you can only imagine how I feel when he says they're only friends." mingyu ranted out. the only part of his rambling that jihoon paid attention to was the dating part.

jihoon had heard rumors about mingyu asking wonwoo out within the past two weeks, and he had just gotten confirmation about it being true.

to say jihoon was thrilled by this was an understatement; getting confirmation about mingyu and wonwoo was just like getting presents on christmas morning becuase now jihoon knew for sure wonwoo wasn't into soonyoung.

= = =