33 || the inside scoup

"so are they dating or not? come on seungcheol, give me the real scoop here you- joshua get off my chest!" jeonghan complained on the other side of the phone before swatting joshua away from him.

the kind male jumped onto jeonghan as an attempt to hear the person on the other end of the phone line better, but jeonghan was quick to push him away.

joshua frowned as he picked himself off of the floor of jeonghan's bedroom where he had fallen to when jeonghan pushed him off of his chest. he looked to jeonghan, who was laying on his bed, before the older sighed and put his phone on speaker mode.

"I don't know! all I know is soonyoung totally went in for the kill and jihoon froze up!" seungcheol whisper-shouted into his phone. jihoon was in his bathroom when jeonghan called seungcheol, demanding an all-access pass to the soonyoung-jihoon gossip train.

normally jeonghan would go weed out jihoon or soonyoung himself for the details, but unfortunately the long haired male was dealing with a small cold. luckily for jeonghan, he had both joshua and seungcheol to spare as his minions.

joshua volunteered to be the snack slave (his job was to basically get jeonghan anything he wanted because he was sick and "couldn't do anything on his own") which left seungcheol to do the whole gossip snake part for jeonghan.

"you have to find out more for my sake cheol! look through his messages or something!" jeonghan complained before turning to joshua who was climbing back onto jeonghan's bed. the younger male laid next to jeonghan, leaning his head gently on jeonghan's shoulder as they listened to seungcheol's reply. "steal jihoon's phone? I'm not that eager to die young hannie."

"you have to take one for the team cheol, do it for us!" joshua shouted in the most encouraging tone he could. he wasn't really too keen on knowing other people's business, but he knew jeonghan would make a fuss if he didn't get on board.

joshua didn't like it when jeonghan was moody with him about dumb things like getting seungcheol to invade his best friend's privacy for their entertainment.

"I never asked to be in this team!" seungcheol yelled a bit too loudly into his phone. he looked around, seeing if jihoon was nearby, before whispering into his phone. "if you want to know about what happened you should just ask jihoon yourself you twisted-"

"ask me what now?" jihoon furrowed his eyebrows suspiciously at seungcheol who felt his heart drop in fear of what was to come. jihoon could hear the annoyed voice of jeonghan over the phone, yelling at seungcheol to be a man and get the inside scoop on the shorter male. "haha bye mom!"

seungcheol hung up abruptly on jeonghan knowing very well that he would get a lecture from the determined male the next time he saw him. then seungcheol looked up to see jihoon still staring at him with a look that screamed I know everything bitch.

"let me guess, that was jeonghan begging to know if I'm dating soonyoung." jihoon said in a very monotonous tone as he sighed.

he knew that jeonghan was very keen on knowing everything about everyone, not to mention he loved being to first to know about break ups and hook ups when it came to people from their school. jeonghan was almost as much of a rat as seungkwan was in that manner, jihoon swore seungkwan knew everything about him even before he met the younger student.

"no." seungcheol spoke up, earning himself an unimpressed look from jihoon who knew that his best friend was lying about it not being the two mischievous seniors he called friends. seungcheol sighed knowing that jihoon was right and admitted it. "that was jeonghan and joshua."

"figures." jihoon scoffed after finding out he was indeed right about his suspicions of who was on the phone. he walked off to his kitchen to get a glass of water, trying to ignore the memory of soonyoung burning down his apartment as he did so. "really though, what's going on with you and soonyoung? what did you say to him?? I'm dying to know here jihoon!"

and there it was; jihoon felt his heart skip a beat at the mention of soonyoung. he began to wonder how he even got to this point where just the energetic student's name made him nervous.

jihoon sipped softly at his glass of water before glancing at seungcheol who had followed him into the kitchen. the shorter male then set down his glass as he spoke, trying not to be overwhelmed by his emotions while he did so. "well I kinda told him I do have feelings for him? and he said okay."

"okay? that's all?" seungcheol's eyes gleamed, but looked confused at the way his best friends ceased to continue with his story of what happened. "yeah I know."

again jihoon felt his heart pang, but this time it was more of a painful feeling rather than a fluttering feeling. he thought back to the events of a few days ago where soonyoung had so boldy confessed to him.

and yet after that, nothing followed. even after jihoon admitted he felt the same, soonyoung only nodded and smiled to himself before walking the shorter male home.

jihoon had to admit, it was very disappointing both in the moment and now as he thought about it. "I kinda wish he said more than that too, but that's the truth."

= = =
aaaa I was supposed to publish this yesterday but I fell asleep :/