44 || tiny penguin vibes

jihoon scowled, biting his bottom lip nervously as he looked around and spotted a few people staring at him. he didn't do too well with large crowds of people, especially when they looked as if they were all judging him on the inside. he flinched at the sound of a laughing couple, having to remind himself that it wasn't him they were laughing at before moving on to find his date.

soonyoung smiled when he found jihoon among the crowd of people and rushed to his side. they had just finished watching the sea lion show at the aquarium and were caught up in the masses of people exiting the small stadium. the brunette then, in a very casual manner, slung his arm over jihoon's shoulders as the crowd of people around them finally cleared up.

"this is really nice." the brunette broke the silence between both him and his boyfriend. soonyoung was having a great time at the aquarium with jihoon; he had always had a fascination with aquatic animals. jihoon even had to hold him back from jumping right into the shark exhibit (soonyoung wanted to pet them... sigh).

"the fish? they're not that interesting soonyoung if I have to be honest." jihoon spoke bluntly, being very straightforward with his feelings. he wouldn't have picked going to the aquarium on a saturday for a date at all, he preferred more quieter places where he could relax and laze around. the only reason it was enjoyable was because soonyoung was there.

"no I mean this. being here with you and just walking around and spending the day with you without worries." soonyoung motioned to the way the couple was walking along the road from the stadium right towards other exhibits. they were heading in the direction of the penguin exhibits, mostly because soonyoung wanted to tease the shorter about being as cute as a tiny penguin. "I love being with you jihoon."

"well I like being with you too." jihoon nodded in agreement to soonyoung's comment. he didn't notice how the brunette's facial expression dropped into a disappointed frown though as they proceeded to continue making their way to the penguin exhibit.

soonyoung knew he shouldn't have been so sensitive, but it hurt to hear jihoon not say the word love to describe how he felt about their date and spending time together. they hadn't been on a date for one, maybe two week now so the brunette wanted to make sure this date was a complete success. he even went as far as to plan this date a few days in advance to make sure it was perfect for them.

however, the brunette didn't keep the frown on his face. he told himself not to be too sensitive about jihoon not saying he also loved to spend time together. jihoon was very blunt and cold with his words at times so he couldn't really blame him. soonyoung then decided to try to change the subject because he realized now that the awkward pause between then was deafening. "hey do you want to get some-"

the brunette felt himself walk right into jihoon's back as the shorter male paused abruptly. soonyoung then glanced forward to see a taller student talking to jihoon very warmly, as if he's known the younger male for a long time. next to the tall student, who was effortlessly pulling off a lilac hair color, was an orange haired male who was just as tall as his friend. they both seemed very pleased to see the shorter male and openly expressed that.

"is that lee jihoon, genius producer and part-time coffee addict?" the orange-haired student teased as he poked jihoon in the stomach. the taller student laughed along, even going as far as to ruffle jihoon's hair to check if it was actually him in front of them. it had been way too long since they've seen each other after all. "no way it is you! how have you been you little squirt?"

"we've been through this before chanyeol and everytime it ends up with me kicking your ass." jihoon grumbled. behind him was a confused soonyoung who remained quiet. although soonyoung seemed to be loud and energetic, he did have a shy side that made an appearance occasionally. because of this, he watched the trio interact with each other.

"remember that time at summer camp when you tried to challenge jihoon to a fight? I do because it costed me fifty bucks, kyungsoo still mocks me for that." the orange haired male punched chanyeol on the shoulder, earning a groan from the lilac-haired student. he frowned, grumbling lightly as he rubbed his hurt shoulder before catching a glimpse of soonyoung who was basically hiding behind jihoon at the moment. "jihoon who's this?"

"oh this is just soonyoung, he's my-" the orange-haired male smirked, making jihoon sigh in the middle of his sentence as he shouted at the older male. soonyoung blushed as the taller male spoke. he was no longer hiding behind jihoon, but he still clung to jihoon's arm out of nervousness. "boyfriend!!"

"you got a boyfriend and you didn't bother to tell me about it? wow jihoon I'm hurt, truly." chanyeol gasped as he put a hand on his chest to act like he was offended. truth be told, he was surprised that jihoon was actually admitting to having a boyfriend. the jihoon he knew in the past would have just rejected the idea overall. "we haven't spoken for a while now. it'd be weird to just tell you I got a boyfriend."

"to make up for it, how about we catch up over lunch? it'll be chanyeol's treat!" the orange-haired student laughed mischievously before nudging chanyeol with his elbow. chanyeol widened his eyes after realizing what his friend had just said and started to frantically shake his head while pleading to jihoon. "wait what, no no don't listen to sehun!"

jihoon looked over to soonyoung to see if he was okay with eating lunch with his summer camp friends. he really wanted to go, but it was important to see if soonyoung wanted to as well. he didn't want to force his boyfriend into a weird and uncomfortable environment with people he didn't know. "it's alright with me jihoon."

all of jihoon's worries were wiped away with soonyoung's gentle smile. he nodded, completely convinced that his boyfriend was okay with eating with the two strangers and then turned to look at chanyeol and sehun. "okay then, let's go."

what jihoon didn't know though was that soonyoung was very hesitant with saying he was alright with eating with the tall students. in fact he was disappointed that their special date for two had just become a friendly hangout with attractive guys from jihoon's past (and he was totally not jealous of them..).

= = =
if you don't mind, please share some love to my cheolsoo ff!!! I just published it and I would love some feedback :3 

thank you if you do check it out!!! have a nice day/night❤