54 || to infinity and beyond

just like that, graduation came and went with a mere blink of the eyes. the day ended warmly for all four seniors who'd graduated; wonwoo and mingyu had a lovely family dinner with the rest of the jeon family (wonwoo actually ended up tearing up which in turn made mingyu cry waterfalls of pride for his boyfriend), jun had a very noisy family dinner that ended up with his younger siblings trying to claw his eyes out for claiming the largest slice of cake, and jihoon and soonyoung's families spent their evening together (jihoon was surprised to see his parents show up since they lived in the countryside, it meant a lot to him).

and now came the part where the hopeful graduates would receive their acceptance letters from whatever college they applied to. that was something that jihoon was dreading, he was afraid of going to a different college from the one soonyoung applied for. of course they applied to similar colleges, but jihoon did have his eye out on this one university that was offering full scholarships to students in its music program.

jihoon decided a while ago to pursue his music as a career rather than a hobby to pass time. soonyoung had inspired him too after begging to get backstage passes to any of jihoon's future concerts; let's be honest here though, jihoon would rather have soonyoung up on stage with him than be out behind it just watching him. if he was going to shine in the spotlight, he wanted the redhead to be there right by his side.

however, the worry of not going to the same university still terrified jihoon. he had heard about couples who lost their fire after being physically separated by the colleges they went to; jihoon wasn't sure if their relationship would last over long distances. he knew he sounded a bit silly, but it was a real fear he had.

"the sky looks beautiful tonight." soonyoung spoke gently as he yawned while leaning his head on jihoon who was laying right next to them on the blanket they shared. they were currently on another date, this time it was outdoors on a small hill that was isolated from the rest of society. they had found out about this spot from jun who bragged about the date he planned for minghao up there a month prior to today and they figured, why not steal the brunette's epic idea?

"it does look pretty." jihoon answered as he looked up at the sky. there weren't too many visible stars, but that didn't mean that the stars that were planted in the sky shone any less. both males watched as a small red light, presumably the light from a passing airplane, slowly shone until it was out of sight. that was when they spotted a shooting star that lit up the sky as it went from one point in the night black sky to another. "oh my gosh jihoon quickly! make a wish hurry!"

"a wish?" jihoon sat up a few seconds after soonyoung practically jumped from their blanket. he admired as the redhead closed his eyes and folded his hands into a closed fist before softly muttering to himself. soonyoung opened his eyes seconds later and turned to jihoon, frowning when he saw that the shorter male hadn't even started his own wish. "you're supposed to wish on shooting stars so they'll come true!"

"oh in that case, I wish we could be like this forever." jihoon mocked soonyoung's pose. when he finished, he glanced up at soonyoung to see the older male rolling his eyes at him. it was truly a sight to see soonyoung as annoyed as him as it usually was the other way around. jihoon made a mental note to annoy soonyoung more often because it was certainly a cute look on the redhead. "you're not supposed to say what your wish out loud! and it's cheating to wish for things that are already going to happen!"

"okay so what did you wish for?" jihoon sassed to try to circle the blame back on soonyoung. he felt that his wish was very realistic and was a bit disappointed to hear that his boyfriend didn't feel the same. although his feelings subsided when soonyoung smiled cheekily at him. "I wished for tickets to see taemin..."

"did you wish about us because you're scared of the future and what's going to happen for us?" it didn't surprise jihoon a bit when his boyfriend correctly determined what was bothering him. soonyoung was very insightful and wise when he had to be, every other time he was you know... himself. jihoon sighed, nodding to show his agreement with soonyoung's question. he didn't expect for the older redhead to scoop him up into his grasp, pulling jihoon right in between his legs as he brought him into a warm embrace. "this feeling of loving you? it'll last me a lifetime jihoon, you don't have to worry about us one bit."

"yeah until something dumb happens and we break up. I'm pretty sure like 10% of all high school couples end up staying together for life." jihoon mumbled as he buried his face into soonyoung's chest, feeling very down because of his doubts. the redhead wrapped his arms tightly around jihoon, bringing him closer to his chest. jihoon could hear soonyoung's heart pounding against his chest and found comfort in its rhythmic beating.

"there's no need to be so cynical jihoon, let's just enjoy what we have now while we have it." soonyoung relaxed his hold of jihoon just enough so that the younger male had space to make eye contact with him. it was really odd, but that short phrase was enough to calm jihoon's nerves about the future; there was really no need to worry so much about the future as long as they worked hard in cherishing the present.

jihoon's mood brightened up at that realization and he pushed himself upwards towards soonyoung's face so that their cheeks were now squished against each other. the redhead could see the confidence radiating off of his boyfriend and celebrated that by placing multiple kisses on his cheeks. the shorter male flinched each time soonyoung's lips met his cheeks, giggling at the tickling feeling it left on his face until he turned and met soonyoung's pair of lips with his own. "yeah you're right, there's no need to be so cynical."

"alright then that settles it, last one to the car is a rotten egg!!" soonyoung blushed, his cheeks turning a pink color as he threw jihoon off of his chest and started to sprint down the hill they were on. to say the shorter male looked confused was an understatement because jihoon had the most disturbed look on his face as he tried chasing after the love of his life. "but we didn't bring a car?!?! soonyoung get back here!"

= = =

the end ❤