25 || alien abduction

"hey best friends, how's it going?" soonyoung and jun looked up to see wonwoo approaching their lunch table with a sly grin on his face. jun glanced at soonyoung with fear in his eyes, debating if he should run and leave his two friends alone, but it was too late. "you're looking lovely today soonyoung, oh my jun is that a new shirt? it makes you look stunning!"

"who are you and what have you done with wonwoo?" soonyoung squinted at wonwoo who gave him a careless smile. things were playing exactly how wonwoo had expected them to.

wonwoo looked a lot as if he would intimidate someone into doing something he wanted by beating them up or even threatening their deaths (which wasn't completely wrong). however he likes to scare people into doing what he wanted by doing the exact opposite, by being so nice they were tricked into doing so.

"I bet the real wonwoo got abducted by aliens and this is just his clone." jun whispered to soonyoung in a nonchalant manner. the blonde student couldn't tell if jun was just joking or if he was being completely serious.

"don't be ridiculous! can't a dude just be nice to his friends without raising any suspicion whatsoever?" wonwoo linked his arm with soonyoung's. the blonde student didn't mind the skinship, but it was definitely weird.

soonyoung glanced to his left and saw a jealous looking mingyu watching on from afar. that's when it clicked for soonyoung. "okay what's your plan here?"

"all I want to do is make him jealous. he clearly likes me, he just needs a push to go for it." wonwoo looked over to where mingyu was sitting with his friends. the tall student seemed to be agitated but played it off as nothing while pretending he didn't see wonwoo in the first place.

jun sighed, shaking his head to show his disapproval for wonwoo's dumb plan. he didn't think it would work, at least not without causing some type of misunderstanding among the parties involved in the plot.

"or you could ask him out yourself?" wonwoo made eye contact with jun who crossed his arms at the black haired student. it was weird seeing jun be so responsible, but at the same time it was weirder seeing wonwoo be so reckless.

what wasn't weird was how soonyoung was caught up in the middle of the two. he thought silently about how wonwoo may have a point with the whole giving mingyu a push idea. maybe he could try doing the same with jihoon?

the aggressive student was slowly getting used to all the skinship and the compliments that soonyoung handed him daily. maybe it was time to step things up and take things more seriously to show jihoon he cared more than to be just friends.

"shut up jun, not everyone can have oddly cute relationships with their dream men like you do." wonwoo scoffed, to which jun rolled his eyes. it wasn't his fault he had the guts to ask minghao out after years of crushing on him. "okay but you literally could if you asked mingyu out right now."

"well I'm a hermit crab who's scared of making the first move so mingyu has to take one for the team. plus this'll help soonyoung, I bet jihoon is watching as we speak." soonyoung looked over to see if jihoon really was watching him and wonwoo holding hands under the lunch table.

he wasn't surprised when he saw jihoon throwing a cookie on the floor to upset seungcheol who looked about ready to throw hands with the shorter male. however he was a bit disappointed to see jihoon wasn't looking on at them in jealousy. "you think it'll really work?"

"hell yeah it will. you guys don't call me the genius of this little trio for nothing." wonwoo smiled and gave soonyoung a small hug while he suppressed the urge to vomit at how disgustingly nice he was being.

the three friends proceeded to be friendly with each other, except for the part where jun constantly reminded them that their plan was pathetic, and things seemed to be going well.

especially because they caught the attentions of their prey; both jihoon and mingyu were onto them now if they weren't before.

= = =
heavily edited on 08/17/20