07 || great voice dude

soonyoung was usually late to school. he always came late to his first period class and always came late to his last period class. he would always sleep in and wake up, panicking as he rushed to get dressed for school.

after getting scolded by his mother he then ran to school as fast as he could. as for being late for his last period class, that's a secret he keeps to himself (he liked to say it was a secret to make people wonder).

today soonyoung decided to set an earlier alarm because he was tired of being yelled at by his mother for being so late to school everyday. yes you heard it here folks, soonyoung actually woke up early this time, but the problem was he woke up too early.

soonyoung shrugged it off though. he figured if he took his sweet time getting ready, he could kill time. yet by the time he got to school, he had half a hour to spare and nothing to do at all.

with nothing to do, soonyoung decided he would walk around the school and pretend like he had a purpose there. he didn't know why he wanted to walk around the school, but he did it anyway. while walking down the hallways though, soonyoung passed by the music room and heard a soft voice singing to a melody being played by a piano.

curious, he slowly opened the door to see the room being occupied by jihoon, the guy who sat next to him in english. soonyoung didn't know jihoon well, but thought highly of him because he gave him notes he had missed. sure jihoon was quiet, but aren't all people that you first meet quiet?

soonyoung listened to the boy play the piano and sing at the same time. he stopped, to correct the melody, and then continued on to play and sing.

soonyoung didn't see what there was to correct though because he thought the melody was perfect, as well as jihoon's voice. he didn't know that such a beautiful voice could come out of such a cold person, but like they say: never judge a book by its cover.

eager to hear more from jihoon, soonyoung decided to lean in closer to the door and in doing so he managed to trip over the air somehow, causing him to fall onto the door and into the room.

"what the hell are you doing here?" jihoon stood up from the piano, startled by the way soonyoung literally came crashing into the music room.

"I was just passing by and heard- wow by the way you seriously have a great voice dude." he walked closer to jihoon who was looking at his music.

soonyoung didn't know, but jihoon was only looking at his music to hide the light blush on his face. nobody had ever complimented him before. seungcheol knew that jihoon could play the piano, but nobody knew about jihoon's ability to sing.

"like it's really good! I'm part of the superawesomesingingdancingrappingandinstrumentplaying club, you should come around sometime!" soonyoung got close to jihoon and tried to pat his shoulder encouragingly, but the flustered male moved away before he could do so.

jihoon left the room, muttering a whatever, leaving soonyoung alone in the music room. the blonde student shrugged his shoulders and looked over to see the music sheets still on the piano stand.

= = =
heavily edited on 08/13/20