45 || an angry soonie(?)

soonyoung didn't really know what to say to chanyeol or sehun seeing as he barely knew the two. he also didn't want to barge into their conversation, especially when it was making jihoon so happy. honestly the brunette found himself zoning out while the three friends spoke, was this how jihoon felt when he tagged along with wonwoo, jun, and himself?

no it couldn't possibly feel like that because jihoon had gotten along with jun and wonwoo. they even shared classes together; wonwoo was in jihoon's gym class and upon further investigation, jihoon realized that jun was in his history class (jun was so quiet in that class, jihoon barely recognized him!). soonyoung didn't know a thing about the two people sitting across from him and jihoon.

so far soonyoung was able to gather up a few things about chanyeol and sehun. they had both attended the summer camp jihoon was forced to go to as a kid (his parents figured summer camp would help with his anti-social habits). while in the camp, they all shared a tent and cabin with two other friends and ended up becoming close through the various attempts of murder jihoon would commit on chanyeol.

and every year, until he started high school, jihoon would attend the summer camp. even after then, he and the two males sitting across from them would still visit each other during the summer to reminisce their old summer memories while making new ones. soonyoung was surprised he never knew about chanyeol and sehun; you would think someone would tell you about close friends like that, especially if you were dating that someone.

"enough about us, tell us more about you two!" chanyeol smiled as their waiter appeared to collect their menus and orders before vanishing to the kitchen. he glanced at soonyoung, trying to show that the brunette that he was warm and open to being friends with him. "I'm soonyoung. jihoon and I started dating maybe a month ago, almost two. although it took me about four to get close to the fool."

"I'm the fool in this relationship?" jihoon scowled as he turned to face his boyfriend. it just so happened that doing so helped cheer soonyoung up a bit. the brunette felt his heart skip a beat when he realized that jihoon had finally started to pay attention to him instead of his two friends. he shook his head to snap himself out of his happy thoughts when he realized his boyfriend was still frowning at him. "for the sake of my pride, I'm going to answer yes to that question and hope you don't beat me up for that."

a spark lit up in soonyoung's eyes as he watched the shorter male sitting next to him grumble softly to himself. after he had done so, jihoon looked back up at soonyoung and sighed at the older male before showing a small smile to soonyoung. the shorter of the couple couldn't resist how cute the brunette looked when he asked jihoon not to kick his ass. "hey remember jihoon's first year of camp? he accidentally burned up our tent and that was pretty foolish!"

"that never happened!!" jihoon abruptly protested while sehun tugged on chanyeol's shirt sleeve to try to get the the lilac haired male to contribute off of his phone so that he could contribute to the comversation. soonyoung tried not to show how upset he was that his small moment with jihoon was disrupted and instead attempted to connect with the developing conversation. "the jihoon I know would burn the tent on purpose-"

"I remember now! jihoon thought he was being smart by setting the tent near the campfire, but then it caught on fire and he had the biggest blush on his face!" soonyoung bit his bottom lip to calm himself down from visably showing his dislike for sehun and chanyeol. they just kept interrupting him!

this date started off being just about him and jihoon, and now soonyoung had somehow become the third wheel to their mini date. it wasn't helping at all that jihoon looked like he was having the time of his life, soonyoung was sure he never looked like that when it was only the two of them. "how else would we have kept warm during the night though?"

"am I not the best cuddler you know?" jihoon rolled his eyes at chanyeol's response to his question, unaware of the way his boyfriend furrowed his eyebrows at chanyeol. it seemed none of the students at the table really noticed the fiery aura that surround soonyoung as the brunette clenched his fists under table.

moments later, their waiter returned back with their lunch dishes. that gave soonyoung a brief period of time to allow him to cool his intense feelings of anger subside. the waiter then left the group to enjoy their meals, promising to check in on them after a few minutes. it was nice for the brunette to be able to recollect himself, but that ended when he glanced upwards to see  the trio laughing with each other again.

"hey are you having fun?" jihoon whispered quietly, tapping on soonyoung gently while doing so. he had never seen his boyfriend this way before, meaning he had no idea soonyoung could stay this silent this long. the brunette took a deep breath and kept his gaze down towards his food to avoid having to look at the shorter male. "yeah I am jihoon."

"you don't sound like you're enjoying yourself though?" the younger male frowned sadly at soonyoung, hoping that his boyfriend would notice and look up from his food. he didn't get that reaction out of the usually energetic male, instead the tone of soonyoung's voice sound very gloomy and restrained. "I'm not, I'm just really hungry jihoon it's nothing."

"soonyoung you really don't look okay, was it something I said?" the younger male's gaze on soonyoung's upset figure softened as his voice tone shifted to a more serious one. clearly something was wrong, but he wasn't sure what it was. jihoon felt his heart crack though as it skipped a beat when soonyoung replied with a very cold comment that was very unlike him. "just leave me be. talk about camp with your friends or some shit."

= = =
ajajjajaja I keep procrastinating when it comes to writing new chapters for this book, this certainly isn't going well for my whole finally finish this book goal!

also I'm too lazy to check this chapter for misspellings rn, please ignore them ty very much 😔👉👈