03 || what a catch

"jihoon! can you help me?" a girl yelled out after jihoon as he walked down the hall to his next and last class. he ignored the girl, he knew what she wanted anyways. they always wanted him to do their homework for them. that's all they ever wanted.

anyone who ever became his friend only became so for his intelligence, everyone except seungcheol. the two had stuck together since their infamous first day of kindergarten, their friendship being sealed for life after they battled for gluesticks on arts and crafts day.

as they grew up, jihoon isolated himself more while seungcheol became more confident and popular. everyday at school seungcheol would be surrounded by girls every waking minute of the day while jihoon would be alone. the two would talk after school though, that's when jihoon would open himself up, but other then that the doors to his soul would be left locked.

seuncheol's popularity didn't cloud his judgement though. it didn't make him a stuck up brat like it made everyone else. his popularity didn't come only because he was the good looking specimen he was, but because of his friendship with jihoon.

everyone was curious about jihoon even though they didn't show it too much. jihoon didn't know, but some people were very curious about him and why he didn't have any friends except for seungcheol. they always wondered why jihoon kept to himself.

among those who had wondered about the small genius was soonyoung. he didn't know much about his deskmate besides the fact that he didn't like to speak to anyone at all and that he was very good at talking notes.

soonyoung wanted to try to talk to jihoon regardless of how blunt he was when they had first spoken and regardless of his not so good reputation with people around the school. the diligent student intrigued soonyoung who wanted to learn more.

but soonyoung didn't really know where to start with the latter, which is why he stuck to his daily routine of asking the shorter male for english notes and then kindly thanking him despite how jihoon literally threw his notebook at soonyoung as if it was a ninja star.

soonyoung didn't mind though; he was ready to catch anything jihoon wanted to throw at him, unless it was a really heavy object that could really injure him because jihoon looked like the type of person to purposely drop a piano on a person.

= = =
heavily edited on 08/13/20