43 || the cookie bandits

"hey jihoon can I get your-" jihoon sighed at the sudden question. knowing exactly what the person asking wanted, the grumpy student spared no glance at all to his right as he picked up his lunch cookie and handed it over in that direction. a small squeal could be heard after the cookie was snatched from jihoon's hand. "oh my gosh you guys!! jihoon gave me his cookie I think I'm going to bust a tear!!"

seungcheol turned to face forward, looking to brag to jeonghan and joshua who were sitting right in front of him. joshua smiled and nodded along to what seungcheol was saying, he was a good listener like that, while jeonghan pretended as if he wasn't listening. satisfied by his friends' reactions, seungcheol closed his eyes and opened his mouth widely in anticipation for the taste of the lovely looking chocolate chip cookie jihoon provided him with.

"correction: jihoon gave me and shua his cookie, better luck next time cheollie." jeonghan laughed after catching a glimpse of seungcheol pouting at him. he had taken the cookie right from seungcheol's hand and divided it into two pieces so that both him and joshua could share the halves. without a word joshua smiled as he munched on the delicious cookie, making sure to rub it in seungcheol's face too as he enjoyed the cookie.

"can I go one day without being bullied?" seungcheol sighed in a defeated tone. he wanted jihoon to turn and give him some support, but the shorter student was just looking towards the entrance of the cafeteria, waiting for someone to enter. seungcheol frowned before turning to the two troublemakers in front of him. "don't answer that I already know what you're going to say."

"hey jihoon is your boyfriend joining us today?" jeonghan gulped as he finished the cookie. he glanced over to jihoon for a response and rolled his eyes when he found that the younger student was paying no attention to him at all as well.

luckily joshua did hear the question and he cleared his throat before getting to answering jeonghan's question. "he must be, that's why he's being so pleasant to us today right? so we don't give soonyoung any of his dirty laundry."

"interesting play on jihoon's part for sure." jeonghan smirked as he nodded to brunette next to him. joshua and jeonghan were so alike, people thought they were twins when they first met them. it didn't help that at one point they both dyed their hair the exact same shades of pink, right down to the last root (they claimed neither knew the other was going for that color). annoyed by the two seniors antics, jihoon decided to grumble a reply to them. "yeah soonyoung's sitting with us today, so you better not pull some wack shit."

"too bad being shitty is their specialities." jeonghan and joshua looked over at seungcheol who crossed his arms as he stood up from the table. he gave them short, angry glares before muttering in a very grumpy tone. "and before you two say anything I'm gonna go ahead and leave the table to buy myself the cookie I deserve."

and with that seungcheol stormed off towards the lunch line, hoping that the lunch ladies had a cookie to spare for him. earlier he had gotten to the front of the line and found out that there were no more cookies, but seungcheol was fairly sure the lunch ladies would be willing to check again for him if he acted cute for them (he liked to pretend to be shy about it, but acting cute was one of his strongest skills).

"cheol is really cute when he's all grumpy like that, makes me wanna squish his cheeks." joshua quickly blurted out as he turned to share a knowing look with jeonghan. the two liked to be mean to seungcheol, but enjoyed talking about him with each other. "I know right! that adorable little pout he does always finds a way to make my day!"

jihoon smiled and shook his head while the two seniors at the table continued their talk about seungcheol. he let them do their own thing while proceeding to look around the cafeteria for soonyoung. he spotted his boyfriend fairly quickly since soonyoung was accompanied by jun who had recently dyed his hair a purplish color.

soonyoung sat right on jihoon's left side, opposite to where jun sat next to jeonghan, and gave the younger male a kiss on the lips to greet him. jihoon gladly returned the gesture, happy to see soonyoung next to him. "is it okay if jun sits with us too? I didn't want him to sit alone at our 96 liner table."

"I guess I don't mind jun too much, I care more about sitting with you anyways." jihoon watched as soonyoung's face erupted into a widely toothed smile; he knew very well that comments like those were enough to make the brunette just jump in glee so he tried to make as many loving comments as he could, he didn't want to just be cold and mean towards his boyfriend all the time.

"oh hey jun! you finally decided to join the cool kids table huh?" jeonghan nudged jun in a playful manner. joshua and jeonghan were very friendly to jun; the three all met at the club and got along fairly well. they were so close they even went to the same salon together. "nah, wonwoo and mingyu are off in some janitor's closet making out so I figured I'd grace you with my presence today."

"you know we could do that too jihoon." soonyoung whispered into his boyfriend's ear after overhearing jun speaking to the two seniors at the table. he looked back to see how jihoon would react and was a bit disappointed to see the shorter male not blush up like a ripe tomato. "that line may have worked when you were trying to hold my hand, but I can assure you it's not going to work now."

"it was worth a try." soonyoung said in a somewhat defeated tone. jihoon sighed to himself before bringing a small smirk on his face and pulling soonyoung towards himself. he wasn't really into public affection, but he could tell soonyoung probably was. that's why he kissed soonyoung on the lips in front of his whole table (okay maybe he did want to kiss him in public, it was tempting) which made the other three students sitting with them gasp.

soonyoung, instead of jihoon which is surprising, was flabbergasted by the sudden kiss and in mere seconds he was caked in a pink blush while his friends (mainly jun) began to tease him. jeonghan was ready to scrapbook the moment and use it as blackmail as joshua just smiled proudly at the couple.

the brunette then turned to jihoon, still a bit flustered by the public display of affection, and cleared his throat to try to change the subject. "are you busy this weekend? I was thinking we could go to the aquarium for a date since we didn't do much last week."

"yeah of course, I could use a break from schoolwork. why do you bother to ask when you know I'm gonna say yes?" jihoon didn't even hesitate to answer his boyfriend. after spending a whole week on a stress-inducing project, he figured he deserved a break so that he could spend time with soonyoung. jihoon was beginning to miss the loud interruption soonyoung made as he barged into his apartment at random times of the day.

"because I love when you say yes to me." soonyoung regained the sly smirk on his face, which made jihoon roll his eyes at the older male. "I'm taking that scoff and eyeroll as a yes."

the couple then proceeded to ask each other about their days and were glad that the latter was having a good day. although both were very open about having a better day now that they saw each other. as they talked though they paid no mind to seungcheol who sat down next to them, very eager to eat his new cookie.

he had to beg the lunch ladies for the cookie and had the biggest smile on his face as he thanked them for handing over their last cookie. he was very grateful to the cookie gods who blessed him with the very delicious treat, but wasn't grateful at all when jun leaned over and grabbed the cookie (on jeonghan's orders ofc). "bro COME ON!"

= = =
let's talk about how joshua's vocals in 17 are TOP TIER?!?!? my son was made for that song and the low tone seokmin used?? I'm so WEAK, thanks for saving my 2020 seoksoo😔