32 || let's be like them

mingyu's mood lightened up when the group had finished at the arcade. the six students filed out of the busy place with smiles written all over their faces, well most of them were grinning from ear to ear.

seokmin and seungkwan were very reluctant to leave the arcade, but you wouldn't be able to tell that because how happily they were chatting away with soonyoung while jihoon trailed behind the trio.

mingyu was more than happy. jihoon observed that the abnormally tall male looked completely overjoyed now that wonwoo was back by his side. he had basically taken wonwoo back after soonyoung and the black haired student finished up at the arcade and now the couple was ahead of the group who were walking home together.

"jihoonie, we didn't get to talk much today!" jihoon looked up to see soonyoung giving him another one of his infamous warm smiles. he glanced over to see seokmin and seungkwan waving at them before crossing the street to go a different direction.

now it was just jihoon and soonyoung walking along the sidewalk, well they were trailing mingyu and wonwoo but the couple did nothing to acknowledge their existence so yeah it was just them now.

"it's not my fault you were hanging with wonwoo the entire time. I thought the whole point of inviting me was to spend time with me." jihoon frowned at soonyoung who nodded, dropping his smile for a more serious expression.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel bad or feel like you wasted time, I just wanted you to get out and enjoy yourself." soonyoung spoke softly. jihoon, who had his eyebrows furrowed to show how upset he was, sighed.

there was no point in being upset with soonyoung for hanging out with a friend, all the jealousy was just gettting to jihoon's head. if seungcheol had come along to the arcade with them, jihoon knew he would have ditched mingyu for him for sure. it wasn't about him, it was just about wanting to have a good time.

"it's fine, I wasn't too upset. I actually had an okay time with mingyu." jihoon thought back to when he and mingyu spent their whole day whacking moles. now that he thought of it, it was actually really funny how commited they were to the game.

and the short male had to admit that it was hilarious laughing at all both the moms who looked at the pair like they were insane and the kids who literally cried because mingyu and jihoon were hogging the machines (jihoon finds crying children to be quite amusing).

"mingyu's a nice kid, I'm glad him and wonwoo worked things out now. they seem really happy with each other." soonyoung's smile began to reappear on his face as he glanced ahead to where wonwoo and mingyu were.

they were at least half a block away from the couple so they weren't really sure what the two were talking about, but it looked to be something funny because wonwoo had thrown his head back in laughter while mingyu admired how adorable his boyfriend looked. "yeah they really do."

jihoon and soonyoung stayed silent as they observed the couple in front of them. wonwoo had now stopped laughing, but he didn't lose the happy expression on his face at all as he spoke with mingyu.

mingyu scoffed at something else wonwoo had mentioned (he claimed that mingyu's joke wasn't hilarious yet he almost suffocated from how hard he laughed😒) before taking wonwoo's colder hand into his very warm one.

as the couple swung their interlocked hands happily while walking down the street, jihoon couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like to be with someone that could make you that happy.

his thoughts shifted over and immediately involved soonyoung in them; the energetic brunette made his life less boring so dating him would be an adventure. jihoon shook his head to clear his mind, he needed to stop with the hypotheticals because it was never going to happen-

"what are you doing?" jihoon barked out as soonyoung, without a word, took jihoon's hand into his own and intertwined their fingers so that jihoon couldn't pull away so easily.

the shorter male didn't even try to resist the act of affection, he was more concerned with why soonyoung decided to commit such an act so abruptly. he was also concerned with how long he had before his cheeks started heating up at the sudden contact, but jihoon decided to just worry about one thing at a time.

"they're holding hands, why can't we?" soonyoung asked like it was really obvious what his intentions were. he wanted to give jihoon a sign, a signal that showed that he was interested in the younger.

jihoon didn't really get the magic signal though. instead he took soonyoung's explanation very lightly; to him it sounded like soonyoung was just joking around with him. "because they're dating each other soonyoung, we're not."

the brunette paused, sighing when it was clear that jihoon didn't get his small hint. soonyoung bit his lip softly, tightening his grip on jihoon's hand before taking a deep breath.

"but we can do that too, I mean we both like each other anyways right?"

= = =
I couldn't resist ending things off here with a cliffhanger :3