Chapter 1

The poetry used in this chapter is written by _LadyEve_

Edited (√) {By _LadyEve_ }

©

• • •

It's sad to say but true
Though I'm feeling quite blue
From all this silent suffering
I can hear my heart moan
As it whispers
No one should ever be alone
Desperately, I shiver
I must now find my shoulder home.

~ T.J.W

•••

A V A ' S  P O V

A V A ' S  P O V

Sometimes, in life. . .we don't always achieve what we're striving for. Maybe you wanted to complete your goals, or just simply clean your room, or maybe tell someone you love them. . .

I never got to tell him I loved him one last time. I didn't get to hold him close, before he slipped away. I never even got to look into his loving, warmth filled eye, which always brought me so much happiness, before he died.

It happened quickly and quietly. He had been my anchor when I started to drift. My only friend when I had none. He had always been there for me with a bright smile to welcome me always; and now he was gone.

Forever.

Oh forever is a long time.

Its been so long. But no matter how hard I try now, I cannot fully see his face. Like a ship straining to see the light in a storm, I desperately search for a picture of his face in my memories.

None comes.

All I remember is the brightness of his hazel eyes; the details of his face are gone, like him. In despair, I press my forehead against the cold gravestone, as close as I can get it.

Nine years.

Nine long pain filled years.

• • •

I sit in bed trying to drown out the loud groaning noises of the vaccum, it's been working for years. Why'd it have to decide to break down now?

Yet I still hear the shrill voice of my mother calling out my name over the vacuum.

I jump out of bed as fast as my tired body can move and rush down the carpet covered marble staircase. My feet bare, and sore I groan internaly.

"Yes mother?" I ask looking everywhere but her eyes.

Her eyebrows furrow before her brown eyes hold a sharp glare and she stares me directly in the eyes causing me to gulp.

Her eyes then travel to the brown package and I like the idotic girl I am, pretend I have no clue what they contain.