Chapter 27

Edited by TenYearOdyssey

Ava's POV

One of my eyebrows raise up and I cautiously ask, “He kissed you?”

She nods and a sorrowful look fills her face. Trying to lighten the mood, I say, “Well, at least this is getting  juicy."

Giving me the stink eye, she shakes her head lightly, she’s almost laughing. “I kissed him back, overwhelmed with emotions, but when he pulled back before he could say a thing to me I ran away from him and he was too confused to follow me. I finally found Thomas, he was getting ready to go to England for the weekend but I stopped him. And before he could leave I confessed everything to him and I kissed him.”

Her voice got shaky as she went on, “He didn’t kiss me back instead he pushed me away from him and said he could never feel that way about me. I was like a little sister to him. Then he yelled at me for leading his brother on because he knew I was going to break his brother’s heart. He told me to work things out between Alex and me, but he didn’t want anything to with it. He didn’t like me, he didn’t care, and he was too busy. He left for his trip to England and instead of coming back in two days he stayed for the whole month.” She started sobbing, her whole body shaking as she tried to stop.

“Oh, Antoinette,” I say hesitantly reaching out to touch her shoulder, “I’m sorry about Thomas.”

Her head snaps up and her tears stream down as she screams, “You don’t understand this isn’t about Thomas anymore! After he left, I was heartbroken...I used Alex as my rebound from him. Thomas knew this, Alex would call him every week so they could catch up.”

Sniffing, she lowers her voice, “One day Alex asked me to marry him and I said yes. You have to understand, my whole family had been pressuring me to get married. To them, Alex was the perfect option and I was still heartbroken over Thomas. I thought I still loved him, so when Thomas came to talk to me about the wedding. I thought he wanted another chance with me, so I confessed I was marrying his brother only because I had too.”

She wipes a stray tear as she goes on, “Thomas had actually come to tell me that he was glad me and his brother had worked things out. Imagine his surprise when I said this, he was furious he told me to leave his brother at once. I refused and the next morning I convinced Alex to elope with me when I came back to the palace it was already too late for Thomas to stop me from being with Alex. I was already married to him. Of course, Alex and I had another wedding for the press and all that.”

She pauses to take a breath of air and I have to look away from her eyes. This is all so messed up. She goes on after regaining herself, “After our wedding, Alex and I went on our honeymoon. We went to the United States,” she says fondly. “We stayed for two years, neither of us ever wanted to come back. But we had to eventually. During those two years, I fell in love with Alex. I truly fell in love with him, he was my other half...it just took me too long to realize it. I love Alex so much, what I felt for Thomas was nothing compared to what I feel for Alex.”

Huh, that’s different.

She goes on, “I realized that what I had with Thomas was puppy love, I had the real thing with Alex. He was my best friend, he was the only person who would never stop being there for me. He was honestly the only person I ever truly loved, Thomas was out of the picture. I was happy with Alex, but when we came back I was surprised to find out Thomas had a fiance.”

Noting the look on my face she says, “Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t jealous, I was mad. After all the tears and pain he caused me, he was still happy. What I did was wrong of me, I understand that. I was a bitch to you...I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I say flashing her a small smile.

Smiling back she goes on, “I guess Thomas found out how much of a bitch I was being to you. So he had enough of me, he said he’s going to tell his brother everything. And I just don’t - can’t let Alex know about everything It would break him.”

“So that’s why you said it’s my fault,” I ask.

“Yes, basically,” she says, a grim look on her face.

Pursing my lips, I consider what it would be like to be in her situation and finally say, “I guess I could tell Thomas not to say anything.”

Excitement fills her face and she hurriedly asks, “You would do that?”

I hesitantly nod. Squealing, she jumps up and hugs me.

This girl has serious mood swings.

I hug her back hesitantly and she quickly pulls away and literally pushes me towards the door, “Go now tell him, I can sleep at night if you do it already.”

“Okkk,” I say and step out of the room. she waves at me as I walk over to my room to find Thomas.

I’m just about to push the door open when I hear voices. Thomas is on the phone. I press my ear against the door and strain to hear what he’s saying.

“Have you found her yet?”

Who’s her?

“OK, ok, tell the manager to not let a single person in or I’ll personally ruin him.”

“Of course, of course.”

Then Thomas pushes open the door to find me standing there.

“Ava,” he says and drops his phone.

Author's note
So.

Who still hates Antoinette?

Who's ok with her?

Who likes her?

Who feels bad for her?

And who doesn't give a shit?

Anyways any guesses on what Thomas is up to.

And so I changed the cover. Do you guys like it.

I made it myslef?

Is it ok?

I realize the old one was probaly better but, I figured it was time for a change.

Anyways have a good day.

I'll try to update soon.

Bye.👋