Chapter 38

Ava's POV

Ava's POV

I looked at him what just what. "What." Standing to his feet he glares at the sunlight hitting his face, that can't be good for your eyesight. "Eric is X."

"What." 

He rolled his eyes I could already tell what he was thinking right now 'Ava is so clueless.' But then again I was "His mother died when giving birth to him, X couldn't have blackmailed him about his mother. She's already dead. It doesn't make sense unless..."

He gave me a look waiting for my mind to finally start working, I stood up "He's X." Thomas nodded. And grabbing those letters he stood there watching me. Well this was make me flustered. His gaze was burning into me and I actually couldn't take it anymore.

"What now." I asked he blinked his long lashes casting a shadow over his beautiful face, he was glowing in the faint light of the sun. He looked otherworldly. "We get Eric." 

I frowned, "Where is he." Probably writing another letter to ruin my life I though bitterly. "In his room, the kid never leaves his room." Thomas mummered.

I walked a little closer to Thomas and almost as if noticing my fear he wrapped his slim fingers around mine and squeezed them "It'll be fine Ava...you have me."

I nodded and squeezing his hand back and replied "Let's go." And with that he pulled me down the hallways down to Eric's room. He slowed a bit down for me and hesatinly asked the next question "Tell me was it worth it?" 

I turned to him in confusion "What was?" He visibly glued as he continued "Doing all of this, we were so perfect." I signed.

"Of course not Thomas" I replied softly smiling at him. Nodding shyly he pulled me in front of the room of the door. Reaching a hand on to the surface wood of the door, I knocked here we go.

A few seconds later, Eric opened the door and the blood drained from his face his eyes fell to our linked hands. And I unconsciously pulled them away, but Thomas linked them again. And Eric visibly gluped.

"What can I help you guys with" He asked forcing a dim smile to his face, I knew he knew we knew so what was the point of pretending?

I rolled my eyes and bluntly said "We know." Eric just gave us a confused look.

"I have no idea what y'all are talking about."

This bitch.

Thomas groaned next to me and took a threating step closer to Eric "Cut the case Eric."

Suddenly he smirked and he looked normal again, the blood was back on his face he was smirking and looked very cocky. "I'm sorry." He mummered.

I rolled my eyes, did he actually think anyone was going to forgive him. "Sorry doesn't cut it." Thomas harshly replied.