Chapter 15

Edited by TenYearOdyssey

Thomas stirs awake, his arm is lightly draped around the small frame of Ava's body

Thomas stirs awake, his arm is lightly draped around the small frame of Ava's body. Blinking, he pushes himself out of the bed and slips his feet into his slippers. He leisurely walks over to the bathroom, running his hands through his bed hair, and get ready for the day.

Once showered and groomed, he heads over to his closet, where he grabs a suit that fits his lean body perfectly. Adjusting his tie, he walks out of his walk-in closet, his eyes skimming the surface of Ava's face.

Ava shivers slightly and she curls in on herself, attempting to conserve warmth. Thomas grabs a soft blanket and gently covers her. She stirs a bit but remains in her slumber.

He takes a seat on the corner of the bed, his eyes never leaving her face. She is so beautiful, Thomas thinks.

His fingers gently brushed her face and he smiles a genuine smile. He whispers in the softest voice possible, "Please don't leave me."

He brushes a feather-light kiss against her forehead. Then he stands up,  adjusts his suit, and exits the room, looking like an example of a perfect royal.

If only they knew.

He winces as he takes a step and throbbing pain hits his head. He never liked having a hangover and now is no exception.

He knows he shouldn't have drunk any alcohol, he happens to be extra sensitive to alcohol but Ava had looked so carefree and wild last night, and when she had dragged him along to get some drinks he just couldn't resist.

Now, he wishes he hadn't. The pounding in his head is terribly painful, even if he had only had a couple of drinks.

Deciding to ignore it, he keeps walking. He has to get there quickly and the less time he wastes the faster he can put this all behind him and move forward with life.

But, of course, he just has to be stopped and by none other than the queen. He keeps walking anyway, his steps growing faster as he purposely tried to ignore her. But then she calls out his name, so he turns around to talk to her.

"Yes," he asks in the coldest voice he can muster.

She frowns a bit at his tone, but replies, "How is Ava? She seemed quite drunk yesterday."

Rolling his eyes in exasperation, he replies, "She's sleeping so I wouldn't know. May I go now?"

He turns around without waiting for an answer, but his step-mom speaks again. "Wait, Thomas."

Willing himself to be calm, he turns back around and waits.

She gives him a hesitant smile. "I know you don't exactly like me. After your mother died and your father married me, I know you felt as if I was replacing your mother and as if your father did not care a bit about your mother by marrying me so quickly, but you have to see the kingdom needed a queen."

Taking a deep breath she continues, unflinching under his steel-cold, blue eyes, "It was his duty as a king to remarry, he loved your mother. You can't have a strained relationship with him and me forever. I want you to know I wasn't trying to replace your mother, I just want what's best for you, your father, and this kingdom. Can't we start over? I would like to get along with my stepson."

Thomas blinks once, then twice. This is not what he had expected would happen when his step-mom asked him to wait. Unsure of what to say, he finally musters up a simple, "I'd like that."

He means what he says, it was becoming quite a bother trying to hate her. She always has an aura of kindness surrounding her. He doesn't want to hate her and now he doesn't have a reason to.

She smiles and opens her arms, expecting a hug. When she doesn't close her arms, he realizes that she really does expect him to return the affection. He steps closer to her and gives her the most awkward hug he has ever given anyone.

She pats his back as he pulls away. He takes a glance at his watch and says, "I've got to go."

She nods and he quickly takes precisely paced steps in order to get to his meeting on time.

Except, he is stopped again and it happens to be Ava's mom this time. "Yes?" he asks, not wanting to waste time.

"Thomas, dear, I wanted to tell I'm sorry that you have to marry Ava. I realize she isn't exactly a catch, oh, who am I kidding? She's ugly, nerdy, and doesn't have a sense of style, but you're stuck with her so treat her well, do you understand me?" She says, her voice steady.

Thomas looks at her in shock, but he doesn't have time to cause a scene or get into an argument so he just nods. He only walks a few steps before he suddenly turns and around and says, "I would like for you to stop disrespecting your daughter. She is not at all what you said."

With that behind him, he powerwalks through the castle and out to the parking lot, where a sleek black limo is waiting for him.

Entering it, he says, "You know where to go." The driver nods and they speed out of the parking lot.

He drums his hand impatiently against the seat. His phone pinging suddenly startles him.

He grabs it and checks the caller ID, it is one of his guards. He answers it with a sharp, "Hello."

"Your majesty, you might want to hurry up," says the gruff voice of his guard.

He looks outside and sees that he is finally here, he tells the guard as much and hangs up. He steps out of the limo and walks over to the building. He enters and goes to the second door on his left. Upon entering the room, he's quite shocked and happy at finding the scene in front of him.

"You captured him," he says, his eyes falling on the dirty and grimy man in front of him.

"Yes, your majesty. He was in plain sight," Eric replies.

"Good, now let's get to work," Thomas says, a small smile creeping onto his face.

Author's note

Soooooo this was different first it's third person and it's Thomas.

Who liked this chapter and thinks I should write more chapters like this (third person and Thomas) who didn't like it and thinks I should just write chapters with Ava's POV.

In other news Eric's working with Thomas *gasp*.

What do your think their up to?

And anyone have any ideas for what I should do for the next chapter?

And today's the last day of spring break, I have school tomorrow *sobs.*

That's all I'll update soon, please vote and comment.

Have a great day!