Chapter 36

*6 months later*

Ava's POV
I was shaking, I couldn't stop shaking I could feel the anger radiating from the makeup artist.

It must be hard to do my makeup I thought, but she wasn't having this anymore. "Your majesty could you possibly be a bit more still."

I slowly nodded and she accidentally smeared the eyeliner she was putting on. Giving me a deathly glare she went to fetch some wipes to clean my mess up.

Breathe Ava, I commanded myself. Just breathe. Smiling a bit at one of the little children of the hair dresser, I fixed my wedding dress which had come to accidentally expose my ankles.

Finally coming back the makeup artist hastily finished and sent me to my mother. There she was in all her glory, looking radiant in her new rosy pink dress.

As she smiled fondly at the sight of me, doing a little curtsy I said "Mother." Still smiling she walked over to me, and lightly teased "Are you sure you're my daughter she's never been this beautiful."

I smiled a bit through the thousands of dollars worth of makeup on my face and just nodded, like the perfect little princess I have yet to become.

Grabbing something's from her dresser my mother turned to me "Here's something old" she softly said attaching a beautiful pearl necklace around my neck.

"Your grandmother wore it during her wedding" she went on, giving me a pretty little handkerchief "This was mine when I was a child, I would always carry it around." She said fondly and the look in her eyes told me she was remembering memories, from a time far away.

"Something new" she said handing me some shimmering gold earrings. "And finally something borrowed" She finished handing me a pair of shoes.

I smiled immediately recognizing them, they were my aunts before she died that is. They belonged to her daughter now though.

"Melody would love for you to have them" my mother said a few tears priclking the corner of her eyes.

Taking them I slipped them on and was transported back to when my aunt was still alive. The hazy sunshine, my father making his infamous apple cake.

My aunt and mother gossiping to each other about all the trends in the modelling world. My aunt was a model, a amazing one to be exact.

Her sixteen year daughter listening to her rock music as we played a game of cards. The happiness and familiarity within our family.

Where did it all go wrong I wondered. "Thank you mother" I just said and I sat on the soft bed as she rambled on and on about my dress.

It was a pretty dress I thought, fit for a princess. Not for me though. "Ava" A twinkling voice chirped through the air and I immediately smiled at Antoinette.

Smiling one of those smiles that made her look like a pretty little princess she said "Are you exicted Ava."

I hesitantly nodded, not a bit. Following her and my mother I walked with them, feeling almost like emotionless, I felt in a bit of a daze.

As I approached the grand hall, I stared at the shimmering lights everything was so bright, lovely beautiful. The designs, the twinkling voices of the guests, the lights, Thomas.

There he was talking to Alex and laughing a twinkle in his eyes he never had around me. "Ava" the king warmly welcomed me and I hesatinly took his arm.

And followed the king down the aisle, sure everything was going a little fast but I had asked it to be like that.

Unsmiling Thomas looked straight ahead past me. Was I so in important to him now? "Take care of Thomas will you" The king said giving me a kind smile.

And I nodded and forced a brighter smile onto my face, as I approached Thomas. The look he gave me made my skin crawl, he really hated me didn't he.

Anyone could feel the tension in the air as the Preist said the vows. I wasn't paying attetnion I couldn't my eyes were soley trained on Thomas.

He had not a expression in his face, it was just blank. But his eyes they spoke more measures than any words or expression could communicate to me.

I could see he still loved me, and I'd realized by now I loved him as well. But in his eyes I could also see that he wasn't going to forgive me. Yet here we where in a wedding chapel millions of people's eyes trained on every move we made.

It was really tiring, all the attention you would get. How the paparazzi or vultures as I liked to call them would pick out everything you said, did, ate, even the way you walked. I just wanted this wedding to be over.

Speaking of the wedding, the Priest was two seconds away fro the I do's that would make this nightmare offical. "Do you Ava Catherine Mays take Thomas John Willams to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,
till death do you part."

I looked at Thomas he was beautiful, truly beautiful inside and out and no matter how much he hated me now I would make this work. I had too. Smiling faintly I replied "I do."

I heard a few people clap and stop as if realizing they weren't supposed to clap yet. Smiling brightly the Priest then turned to Thomas who unlike me just glared at him. His smile dimmed.

"Do you Thomas John Willams take Ava Catherine Mays to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part."

Thomas cocked an eyebrow, a smirk appearing on his face. He turned towards me and his smirk just got bigger.

"Do I, Do I" He said slowly a grin appearing on his face as he taunted me. The audience had drawn in a collective gasp making me roll my eyes. I watched him carefully, like predator like prey.

"Do I, take this lying fraud, this cheater, to be my lawfully wedded wife. For me to give her the love she doesn't deserve. To crown her queen, to let her rule my country." His smirk grew if possible and he leaned a little closer to me his steel cold ice blue eyes twinkling.

"I'd rather watch my kingdom fall" and with those words he smiled a genuine smile the first I had seen in a while. And then he left.

Author's note

Welpp that just happened.

R.I.P.

Anywhooo, I need to go chores.

Anywant to fill in for me?

It's just vacuuming. 😭

Ookkkk then byeee guys.