Chapter 23

Ava's POV

Ava's POV

“Well, how to start” he says chuckling awkwardly he continues “ I was best friends with this girl, and this guy. If you don't mind I'd rather not mention names. Anyway, best friends was’t even a word to describe us we were inseparable. We were friends since childhood, I had known them for as long as I could rembember and my friend...the guy he was like my brother. The girl...not so much I didn’t think of her like a sister she meant more to me. Way more. As a child I had a bit of a crush on her. But as we grew older, my feelings grew stronger. I realized one day I was in love with her.

He frowned and looked down at the ground giving him and encouraging smile I said “Go on.”

He continued “I told my other friend that I loved her and he supported us. At least I thought he did, I had finally gotten the courage to ask her out. And so I walked up to her, and I told her everything. How much I loved her how I’ve always loved her. And I finally asked her to me mine.”

His voice got shaky and I could feel him shaking as he went on “She said she couldn't go out with me that day and she said, the guy...my other best friend had asked her to meet him that day. But she said she loved me back, and I was overjoyed. She promised me we could go out another day. But my friend still betrayed me.”

“Oh Eric” I said instantly feeling bad for him.

He shook his head and continued “I was furious with him and I went and called him and screamed at him, but he told me to calm the fuck doen  and told me he didn’t think of her like that. He only asked her to meet him, because he needed to talk to her about a different girl.”

Twirling me around the dance floor he went on “He promised it would only take about ten minutes and he would return her right to me, I of course agreed to this. And so I went to the fanciest palace I could think of and I waited for her there, I waited and waited. But they never came. I got a call...I heard they had been in a accident, I immediately rushed over to the hospital.”

He blinked back tears and finally said “She di-died two days later, I never got to take her on that date. I never got to be with her. I never got to see her again. My other friend he was perfectly fine just a few scratches he was driving the car and a drunk driver crashed on to them. Part of the glass crashed and it was about to fall right on to him and he was paralyzed with fea and when she tried to push him away. The glass fell on her and the car spun and she fell out the car and banged her head on the ground.”

“There was no saving her” he finished his voice heavy. I pulled him into a tight hug and hugged him tight.

He sighed and said “it's alright Ava.”

“I'm really sorry Eric."

After a moment's hesitation I said "let’s get some food to cheer you up."

He followed me over to the table I just grabbed a fortune cookie, I wasn’t really hungry. As for Eric he grabbed a plate full of food, and walked to the long table, me right behind him.

“So, I spilled my love life to you...now it's your turn” he says gesturing to me.

I blushed and looking at the ground I said “Thomas is nice.”

Raising one eyebrow, he says “only nice.”

I laugh and reply “no, he’s also moody as hell.”

Eric chuckles “I think that counts as high treason, or something.”

“Good thing I’m his fiancée then” I say trying to wink, but failing miserably.

Eric laughs his mood is getting better I'm glad “So you have any other friends then me.”

I sigh and says “yeah back home I had the most wonderful friend, we knew each other since kindergarten. I miss her, but we started drifting apart in college since we went to different colleges. And getting engaged to Thomas hasn’t really helped. We haven’t really talked since I moved to the palace”

“I’m sorry Ava, but you have me now if it helps” Eric says.

I smile at him and we talk for a while drifting from topic to topic. Eric’s a really nice guy, I’m glad to have him as a friend, plus he’s hilarious.

“Let’s leave” Eric says, getting up and stretching out his arms.

I nod its been about an hour, I follow him out the door making casual conversation.

Taking out the fortune cookie I still haven’t eaten I bite one piece of I read the fortune.

Oh shit.

Dear Ava,

You went and ignored my warning so here’s a different one.

You might want to check on Thomas he isn’t doing so good.

There’s a whole lot of blood.

Hope I helped.

Don’t ignore this warning...it would be best for Thomas

Love,

X

Author's Note

Muwahh I'm evil...Thomas it was nice knowing you.

In other news poor Eric, do you guys feel bad for him or are you all heartless like me in some books.

Who wants Thomas to die???
I might make your wish come true.

Two days till summer yasss bish.

Bye, Have fun or whatever.

I might update soon.