Chapter 30

Ava's POV

Ava's POV

In the blink of a eye. About five guards appeared. One grabbed Antoinette’s hand and with a swift snap. Her hands were tied up.

Another stuffed some type of rag into her mouth, muffling her screams. While another guard blindfolded her.

“What the fuck” I screamed in shock.

Without sparing me a second look Thomas ordered “I would like her exiled from France. Make sure she doesn't get treated terribly...She is royal. I've had enough of her shit for the last time. Get her out of my country.”

“Muhm” was all that could be heard from Antoinette.

“What the fuck” I screamed again.

“Ava, please quiet down. I'm getting a headache” Thomas muttered rubbing the temple of his head.

Pushing the guards to the side, I untie Antoinette and she pulls the rag out of her mouth and starts screaming at Thomas “How dare you. You had no right.”

“Ava can we please go” Thomas asks lightly rubbing his head again, he looks paler than usual.

“She’s coming with me” Antonine hisses.

“Stop. Stop. I’ll go with Thomas, and once I’m back I’ll go with Antoinette” I say in frustration.

They both nod, and I follow Thomas into the car. Smiling the drive starts taking us towards the theater. Shifting slightly away from the window, I try to ignore the awkward tension between me and Thomas as I start talking to him.

“Can you please...leave Antoinette alone” I ask hesitantly.

“Tell her to leave me alone, and I’ll leave her alone” Thomas replies.

I nod and we fall back into the awkward silence that was there from the beginning .Finally we arrive at the theater.

Sparing me a look Thomas says “Stay guard here, whistle if anything goes wrong. My guards will be right around the corner, to protect you. I’ll be inside.”

Without a second glance Thomas leaves, before I can utter a word. “I uh will be over there your royal majesty.”

I nod and grab my phone casually pretending that I’m just playing a game. While keeping lookout.

A few minutes later

This is the most boring thing ever, I’m starting to whish I just went with Antoinette. Least I would have someone to talk to. So far the only people who have even close to the theater is some drunk guy, and some lady probably heading to work.

Maybe I should actually play games on my phone. Yawning I look up only to see a mailman walking dangerously close to the theater. I watch him as he waves to the guards. It's clear he isn’t a threat as the guards cheerfully wave back.

Passing me he gives me a smile, and continues on his way. Just another boring occurrence it seems. Once he’s a few steps away from me, my eyes fall to the ground, he dropped a letter.

“Wait” I say picking up the letter, and looking for him. But he’s gone I don’t see him anywhere. Pushing myself off the ground I take a look at the letter.

And what I see makes my blood run cold.

On the envelope as clear as day it says From:X. To:Ava. There’s no way I’m reading the damn letter. X is nobody, just a clueless stalker with empty threats. Leaving my post, I walk over to one of the guards “Is there a trash can around here somewhere.”

Looking a bit surprised he replies “There’s one inside the theater just take a right as soon as you step in , your majesty” after a moment’s hesitation he asks “If I may your majesty, why exactly do you need it.”

“I- I just need to throw away my gum.” Thankfully I was chewing some gum.

Nodding he does a bow, and I hesitantly step into the theater. The first thing I notice is that’s it’s very dark. I can barely see what’s right in front of me.

I take a right and immediately like the guard said there’s the trash can. Walking over to it I tear the letter and throw it into the trash can. Taking a step backwards, I trip over a rock.

What the hell, why is there a rock inside the theater. Bending down I pick it up. There’s a letter attached to it. Seeing the red X, I quickly throw it into the trash can. What does X have to say to me so badly.

Fuck it. I’m not letting my curiosity get the best of me. Heading back to where I came from, I take a look. Did I come this way or that way. I wonder, probably this way I think taking a left. But I don’t arrive where I expected to. Instead I’m in a straight corridor. The door slams behind me, running over to it I grab the door.

It’s locked.

Grabbing my phone from my pocket I take a look at it.

No signal.

“Don’t freak out. Don’t freak out“ I chant inside my head. There’s probably a way out of here. Taking about two steps forward I carefully start walking towards the end of the corridor.

It’s dusty and smelly, I start coughing violently. I have severe asthma, running towards the darkness at the end of the corridor. I cough and cough and cough and cough and cough

I’m so lost, I think as the darkness leads to two doors. This place is like a maze. I take a look at the doors, one’s red one’s blue. I step towards the blue one.

At least it’s not dusty anymore I think as I step into the blue room. It’s pitch dark I can’t see a thing. Walking about two steps forward my foot bumps into something. I try not to scream, it feels disgusting.

Grabbing my phone I turn on the flashlight, and shine it at the thing I bumped into.

All the color drains from my face.

It’s a dead body.

Thomas’s mother's dead body to be exact.

Author's note

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. 😊

Or not.

Idk.

Ughhh summer's almost over. Someone help I don't want to go back to school.