Chapter 39

Ava's POVI looked at Thomas, Thomas looked at me, we looked at each other

Ava's POV
I looked at Thomas, Thomas looked at me, we looked at each other.

Then both our eyes dropped to Eric who was still muttering to himself, and crying. Crouching onto his knees Thomas hesatinly said "We're going to help you, ok Eric."

Eric frowned and wrapping his arms around himself he glared at Thomas as he replied "Just kill me."

Thomas flinched as I did too "I'm not doing that." Eric groaned and then suddenly slapped Thomas's cheek. A long ring echoed thorough the corridors where his hand met Thomas's cheek.

Pulling his hand away I stared at the redish hand shaped mark he had left on Thomas's cheek. "Now will you kill me."

I bit my lips this was bad, leaving Thomas to deal with Eric. I headed to my room, Thomas didn't quite seem to notice I had left.

As he kept talking to Eric softly, I heard another slap ring across the halls as Eric slapped Thomas again.

I better hurry, if I still wanted my fiancee to have a nice looking cheek. Hastily pulling open the door I grab my phone.

"Hello" I cautiously said.

"Is this Ava?" The familar voice replied bringing a smile to my face.

"Yes it's me" I replied and started to tell them about a patient they would soon be getting.

It wasn't much, just my former therapist, after my father had died, I had suffered a bit of depression, and my best friend at the time.

Being worried had forced me to go to her office, she had helped me thorough a lot. I had been happier every time I went to her office.

Sure at first it had been a bit awkward, but as time passed. I grew more comfortable around her and she grew more comfortable around me.

It wasn't the best friendship at first, but we grew closer later on. She was that sweet old lady that I could always count on, she reminded me of the grandmother I never had.

I was hoping she would be able to help Eric. He wasn't a bad person at heart, he had never been rude to me really. Maybe he had just been acting nice.

And yes, he had been X in the end but truthfully if he had been Thomas's friend for that many years. He couldn't be that bad, and I could see Thomas still cared about him from the way he had been softly talking to him.

Thomas didn't seem to have many friends, or any really. But Eric had been his friend, and it might have just been because of that matter or something else.

But I wanted to help Eric, and I was going to help him. I didn't want him to suffer, everyone has a place in this world. I believed that even if Eric didn't.

He deserved happiness, I forgave him. Most people wouldn't but everyone deserves a second chance. I was willing to give him that.

Quickly changing out of the uncomfortable weeding dress I was still wearing. I grabbed a psir of jeans and a causal shrt. Tucking the phone into the pocket of my jeans I went to find Eric and Thomas. Thomas was still talking to Eric, I wondered what about?

Noticing me Thomas hastily stood up "Ava."

I smiled at him and flinched at little at the red welt that had formed on his cheek. Eric sure could hit a guy.

"Eric I want you to come with me" I softly asked him, he eyed me cautiously his eyebrow twitching.

"No."

Thomas signed and stepped next to me, "He says no to everything I ask of him."

Eric coughed drawing our attention to him "Where are you going to take me."

I bought the smile back to my face " Somewhere to help you."

He sighed "You're not going to kill me are you."

Noting the way Thomas flinched I hastily shook my head. Eric groaned "Is it better than the dungeons."

"Much better" I mummered. And Thomas lowly said "The dungeons reak so much, some guy snuck in eggs somehow and it still smells of rotten eggs."

"I'll go." Eric said drawing my attetnion away from Thomas. "But I want to go by myself."

I frowned, I had been planning on going with him but he wasn't arguing. And that was much better than what I had hoped for, I could just send him with a driver anyways.

"I'll arrange a limo" Thomas apurtly said semming to read my mind. Eric shook his head.

"A normal car please" He asked.

Thomas wrinkled his nose, he looked cute when he did that. But he just nodded to Eric's request.

Grabbing his phone Thomas texted the address to the driver and turned back to me and Eric who were just standing there awkwardly.

"It's ready" he replied, smiling at him. Eric didn't bother to smile back just nodded and walked off.

I watched his back as he turned the corner but then suddenly he yelled "Thank you." He didn't turn around, or bother to give us a glance. Just said thank you.

And that was enough for me.

"He'll be okay" Thomas mummered. I turned and faced him and just nodded.

Here came the talk that I was dreading, now that he knew about X. What would happen? Would he just want to move on from me?

Thomas seemed to read my mind once again as he said "Ava...about you and me. I think it's best if we just start over."

I gulped as he continued "I love you, I still do. But I just think it's best if we just start over. Leave this behind us, pretend we weren't forced to get engaged. I'm just a guy and your just a girl."

I smiled, that went better than I expected. And I actually really loved the idea, starting fresh would be best for both of us. I nodded and that bought a smile to his face.

And then suddenly winking at me he took my hand and placed a light kiss to it as he say "I'm Thomas and it's a pleasure to meet you."

Author's note

I'm just going to warn you guys now. The next chapter is the last chapter or the epilogue.

So be prepared I'll try to write it soon but knowing me and knowning school. I'll probaly take like another week.

Sorry...

Buttt I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I certainly don't enjoy school.😩

Anywho,
Bye have a great day.