chapter 16

Ava's POV

Edited by TenYearOdyssey

I stretch my limbs out on the bed and yawn

I stretch my limbs out on the bed and yawn. Immediately I wince at the massive pain pounding in my head. I try to remember what happened last night, but all that comes to mind are blurry images of me dancing. Wait, did I dance?

Groaning, I push myself off the bed and get ready for the day.

I quietly close the door behind me and wonder what I am going to do today. First things first, I have to eat breakfast. In a haze, I start walking downstairs, but the shrill voice of my mother suddenly stops me.

"Ava, where do you think you're going looking like the that?" my mother half-screams.

"Breakfast," I meekly reply.

"I think not. I will not have my only daughter looking like a homeless person while she lives in the palace. Go back this instant and change."

Well, my headache just got worse. "Yes mother," I say turning around to head back to my room.

"Wait just a minute, knowing you you'll probably pick something worse so I'm coming with you."

I pause and she comes to stand beside me, looping her arm through mine and says, "So how's it going with Thomas?"

I blush and turn my face away from hers. "Not bad, he's a decent guy."

"Is he now," she mutters under the breath. Then she's smiling at me nicely, for once, and pushes the door open.

I follow after her as she ruffles through my closet and hands me a silk purple top and a pair of tight fitted jeans. Taking them, I head to the bathroom and quickly put them on.

When I walk out, my mother is looking around the room, probably trying to find some type of mistake in the decorticating.

"Ava, today you're going to meet Thomas's brother, and his fiancée so please do behave," she says.

I frown. Thomas has a brother. I had read about it online, but I didn't remember until just now, too much had happened between then and now. "Of course, mother."

She smiles and says, "Thank you, dear."

I wonder at her attitude. She's in a remarkably good mood today.

I follow her out the door, but she stops suddenly and says, "Ava, Thomas should treat you better."

"What did you do," I ask.

"Nothing. I just had a little talk with him," she replies.

I stare at her, that was actually a nice thing to do. What's with her today? "Thank you, mother."

She nods and we enter the grand hall. I look up to see the queen and king, the queen smiles at me kindly and says. "Ava, good morning."

I smile back as she says, "Today you're going to meet-"