Chapter 37

Ava's POV

Ava's POV

A bit frozen I just stared at the corridor to which had Thomas had left in shock.

And then the ring of whispers started breaking around the ballroom it was like one person started it and they all followed almost like dominos. I could see the guards crowding around the doors hesitantly staring at me.

Some looked as if they were going to throw me into a dungeon cell any moment now and others just looked confused as they whispered to each other.

And that was the moment I realized I love Thomas, I had known it a while ago. I would think in my heart I knew it when I saw his face when he was with Eric.

But I really loved him, I did. And six months later I was so sick and done with X. So I decided to to what I should have done in the beginning.

Told him about all of this.

Grabbing my phone, ignoring the stares, toned out the preist words of anger.I tried ignoring my mother but thats a bit harder. She seemed done like me.

"Ava I'm going to kill you" she said and started swearing at me and saying things I'd rather not repeat she trapped my arm with her clawlike nails.

And of course started yelling at me.

'How dare you"

"Are you happy with yourself'

'Fuck you'

'Do you know what you've ruined'

'I wish I had another daughter'

And the classical one.

"I'm going to kill you"

She started yelling at me line after line that sounded somewhat along those lines. She didn't seem to care that everyone in the room had stopped whispering to each other and staring at each other.

I snuck a peek at the gaurds they looked right about ready to attack me and my mother wasn't going to be done with yelling any time soon. So I did what had to be done.

I slapped her.

My hand whipped across her cheek leting out a loud noise and a red cheek. And before she or anyone else could do a thing, I gathered the folds of my dress together left my shoes in the aisle and ran after Thomas.

Turning around the corridor I immediately ran to my room, opening up one of the suitcases I took out all the letters X had evert given me. I would probaly need to show Thomas these.

Tucking them under my arm I wondered where he could be then something flashed acorss my mind. The balcony he had told me once that he would go there to think.

Staring at his beautiful kingdom would make him feel even a bit better. He would be there.

I looked at my wedding dress and rolling my eyes I scooped it up again and just decided to walk to the balcony becuase I was too lazy to run.

And there he was Thomas staring out the balcony, his eyes trained on his kingdom. He looked at peace, he looked serene and content.

Well I was going to ruin that.

Hesatinly I took a step closer to him and froze he had a line of tears dropping down his cheek.

He was crying.

And he really didn't seem to realize that, he just stared at the world tears dripping down his cheeks. He was silently crying almost like he couldn't help it.

This hurt my heart.

Sighing I coughed once and twice before he finally swirled around to face me, now he seemed to realize he was crying as he angrily wiped at his face as he turned to me.

"What do you want" he asked sounding defeated and so so done. His tone was just so weak nothing like the Thomas I was used to.

"I-I" I didn't know what to say, and that just seemed to make him angrier as he stood up and glared at me.

"Did your mother send you" he asked close to snapping anger laced into his tone.

I took another step forward and just handed him the letters, confusion appeared on his face but he took the letters.

Taking one of them he opened it and started reading.

Oh god.

I watched his face it was impossible to tell a thing, his brow was a little quirked as he read but that was it. He was just emotionless. So I stood there observing him as he finished one letter and moved on to another.

And another and another and the whole time he was just emotionless. He ruffled throught the letters and finally reached the last one and taking a deep breath to prepare himself he opened it.

I stood I still hadn't taken a seat my legs were starting to hurt, but I kept my distance as he finally finished the letters. Gulping I stared at him as he stood up and placed the letters on the table.

"Did you listen to them" he asked.

I gluped again and hastily nodded.

He didn't frown he didn't do anything but I heard the low sigh of frustration that left his mouth. "Why."

Why. Why? Why had I. "I didn't want anyone to get hurt." I mummered but in the end I had only hurt myself and Thomas.

He sighed and took a step closer to me "sit down." He softly said.

I took a seat, and faced him he seemed to be in turmoil almost like he wasn't sure if he should ask the next question.

"Did you like kissing Eric."

I laughed a dry humorless laugh "Of course not."

He cracked a smile the first I had seen directed at me in a while. Sighing he scooted closer to me "Why was Eric getting balckmailed anyways."

I frowned and tried to recall that memory "He said X would harm his mom" I said recalling his words.

Thomas froze and then slowly the blood started draining from his face. I took his hands "Are you okay Thomas" I asked.

He shuddered and gluped "Wha-What did you say."

"I asked if your okay" what was going on, he looked like as if he'd seen a ghost.

"A-About Eric" he hastily replied his attention trained on me. I frowned.

"His mom would get hurt if he didn't listen to X" I replied still confused, what did anything have to with Eric?

Thomas sighed and leaned his head against mine he closed his eyes as he replied "Eric is X."

Author's note

I would like to clear some confusion. So yes Eric is X.

The queen isn't she killed Thomas mother out of jealousy but she had no motive to balckmail Ava, she doesn't care about Ava and Thomas.

She has no reason or motive to be X. But she had the right reason and motive to kill Thomas's mom.

Ok?

Hope that makes sense.

Anywho school started so I'll try to update when I have the chance.

We'll see. I'll get this done. No worries.

Anywho,
Bye
Have a good day