Chapter 32

Ava's POV

Ava's POV

I was speechless to say the least, I just stood there in a manner of shock, as the car started honking. Sticking his head out of the car window Thomas yelled “Come on, Ava.” And with those words he stuck his head back into the car.

My feet trailed over to the car, opening the back seat, I sat down. I couldn't see Thomas’s face. Did he actually love me? I had a feeling, he didn’t, he was just trying to hold onto something after his mom had died. I...I had been like that when my father died, I had told my best friend that I loved him, when I really didn’t. That hadn’t ended well.

“I hope someday I’ll make it out of here. Even if it takes all night or hundred years. Need a place to hide, but I can’t find one near.”

“Ava, please answer the phone” Thomas begged, leaning his head into his hands. “I’d rather not.” I was trying my best to ignore X, currently.

The phone kept ringing, “Isn’t it lovely, all alone? Heart made of glass,my mind of stone. Tear me to pieces, skin and bones. Hello, welcome home.” Finally it stopped ringing taking with it the eerie melody and the words.

“We’re here, your majesties” The driver uttered opening the door for me and then for Thomas, who just shook him off and opened it himself.

Taking Thomas’s hand I solfty asked “Are you okay?”

He pulled his hand out of mine, placed a light kiss on my cheek making me blush a light pink he strained his tie and finally said “No, but I have to be, it’s my royal duty.” I could hear the sarcasm and annyonce laced into his voice as he said this. “I have a few things to do.”

He kissed my cheek again and finally said “I love you Ava” and then before I could even blink he was gone, his lean back fading into the distance. I gulped, what if he actually loved me?

But before I could actually think about this situation Antoinette appeared her eyes were red and teary,making me instanly worried “What’s wrong” I asked walking over to her.

“I- I still can’t find A-Alex” she said, “It’s been about three hours, and I can’t find him” she continued.

“I’ll help you” I awkwardly replied, how do you exactly comfort someone crying, I’m never prepared for these type of situations. “Where haven’t gone yet” I asked, wrapping one around her.

“Th-The kitchen, I was going to go there next” she muttered and started going towards this palace. Grabbing my phone, I quickly blocked X’s number and followed her. I really hated this day, this much chaos shouldn’t exist.

There was a maid in the kitchen, seeing us her face turned pale “I-I your majesties should see this.”

“I don’t have time, I have to find Alex” Antoinette snapped wringing her hands through her hair in frustration. “It’s about Alex, your majesty” the maid stammered out, and then she started crying “I’m so sorry your majesty” she continued sobbing “This shouldn’t have happened, this kingdom is in chaos, I’m leaving, I can’t handle this anymore, I’m truly sorry, please send my apologies to the Prince.”

By now Antonette's face had turned red “What happened” she screeched.

“Follow me, your majesties” the maid said and started walking giving us a look full of pity. “Come on” I said pulling Antoniette along with me, she was barely moving I had to tug her arm forcefully to get her to walk.

“Why do you need to see, Alex so much anyways. I’m sure he just went somewhere and forgot to tell you about it” I asked lightly trying to make her feel better, but of course it didn’t help.

“It’s our anniversary” she replied sobbing even louder “he wouldn’t have left me today.”

The maid walked into a room, and stepping in after her all I heard was Antoinette's shrill scream. Alex was laying on the ground, his hand bleeding so much it was creating a pool of blood around his body, his leg was so twisted and at such a awkward angle, I couldn’t help but gag. Yet he was sitting up a clear look on his face as he talked to Thomas, one wouldn’t even realize how much pain he was in unless they say all of this.

Antoniette immediately left my side and rushed over to him. “What happened” I asked approaching Thomas, the other two were at each others side, and Alex was trying to comfort her saying he was fine. But he looked far from fine. And Antoinette was just sobbing cradling Alex’s head towards her.

“He went to get some flowers for Antoniette, and got attacked. They shot his arm and twisted his leg and ran away.” Thomas signed and pulling himself off the ground rested his head on my shoulder as he continued “The driver was stupid enough to bring him here instead of taking him to the hospital, I called the ambulance they’ll be here soon.”

He closed his eyes “I’m so tired, Ava, I want my mother.”

I sighed, it was hard to find the words to comfort him. “Why don’t you get some sleep.”

“I have to take care of Alex, he has no one but me, father hates him, all he has is his lying wife and me” He sneered glaring at Antoinette, who was still crying “Why does she bother with all this” he asked “Doesn’t she get tired of pretending she loves him, isn’t it hard to pretend to love someone, I know it’s already hard enough to love someone but too really pretend to love someone is taking it a bit far.”

“She loves him you know”  I softly replied tapping my fingers against his side. “Mhm” Thomas mumbled and pulling away from me walked over to Alex.

I just signed, I wish they would just work this all out. “Your majesty” a guard said “someone left this letter for you” he continued handing a letter with the red seal I had known to be X’s.

I grabbed it, I had a feeling X had something to do with this. Peeling open the seal I started reading the letter.

Ava,

This is very simple, so read carefully, I’m the one who hurt Alex, next time if you don’t listen to me he’ll be dead.

I’m not joking around anymore, enough is enough. It is time for you to leave the royal family and move on with your life. I want you to cheat on Thomas, hurt him and end this. I have another person I have been, blackmailing in a sense to help you with the cheating part.

I’m sure you know Eric, he’ll help you out if he doesn’t want his mother to die. With his help you will cheat on Thomas. Make sure to be kissing exactly when he comes, so he sees it. End this relationship.

Heed my warning because this is the last one, if you don’t listen I will actually kill Alex or someone else. This is it. I hope this was simple enough for you. Do it tomorrow. I am done waiting, if you wish enjoy today with Thomas.

Because it will be the last time he ever loves you, from then on he will only hate you. Make sure of this. Good luck

X

Author's note

So I've decided that this book will have about 40 chapters.

So it's almost over. Okkk.

Well have a good day everyone.

Byeee.