Chapter 19

Ava's Pov

Ava's Pov

Breathe Ava, breathe...everything will be just fine. But it's not going to be, the letter on my hand was living proof of this.

Why was I being threatened, what did I do to deserve this. Not trying to blame my mom, but the only reason I was in this situation was because of her.

Not all of it was bad, I guess I got to experience some things people would die for. I got to see one of the most breathtaking palaces in the world. Meet the queen and king, and unexpectedly Thomas who wasn't some rich snobby prince like I expected him to be.

I kind of maybe happened to like him.

But I never deserved all of this, I never deserved to be pulled away from my home by my controlling mother to get engaged to a prince. And I especially didn't deserve for someone named X to threaten me.

Pushing my thoughts to the side I look up, only to see Thomas eyes watching me carefully, there's a hint of sadness deep within his eyes.

I notice his eyes are about to fall on the letter on my hand. I put the letter back into the envelope and carefully hide it in the diary where it was.

I probably should Thomas, this is a threat to me. I would be best if I told him.

But then again the letter did say not to tell anyone. It would be even better to wait a few days before I actually do anything.

My mother's voice breaks me out of my thoughts "This is such a mess."

I nod, and want to sit down I'm feeling a bit dizzy but, all the furniture I would sit in is ruined.

Thomas is quietly looking at, his numerous trophies that have been destroyed. I can't see his face but from his body language he's probably devastated.

He bends down to pick one up and in a quiet voice says "I remember I was fourteen when I got this trophy, I had finally made the school basketball team. And for the first time ever all the practice I had done for the last few months, all the work I put in during the summer had paid off. My team had finally won, we won the championship game and I the lousy little prince, they liked to call me, had made the most shots. Everyone was so proud of me, I was so proud of myself. And when the coach handed me that trophy. I felt like I was on top of the world, I was so proud of myself I had finally showed them I wasn't the lousy little prince. I had showed them that I could be more than a nerdy little prince. But now it's all gone."

Picking up the clump of the crushed trophy he throws it against the already cracked down and with a crackling sound. The whole window shatters and the trophy flies out and down to who know where.

Well fuck.

I slowly walk over to Thomas and take his hand "you need to calm down, Thomas it was just a trophy you still have the memories no one can take that from you."

He shakes his hand away from and storms out of the room, without a backward glance. Watching his retreating figure I can't help but be sad. I was only trying to help.

My mom carefully comes over and says "Ava, why don't you go somewhere, you look like you need a break, I'll stay here and watch over this mess."

I nod, my head and I'm about to leave the room and just as I'm exiting I collide into Thomas's chest.

He came back inside, his large hands wrap around my small form stopping me from falling to the ground.

And pushing me against his warm chest.

I can't help but breathe in his wonderful scent, something like vanilla?

"You ok" he asks releasing me.

I nod and force myself to pull away from him no matter how much I don't want to. Giving me a tight smile he says "I went to get the security maybe they could find out who did this.

"It was X" I say, my face turning red.

He looks bewildered "I realize there's a X all over the room, but it doesn't necessarily mean that someone named X did this. We just have to find out what X stands for, or who it's supposed to be."

I nod again, I seem to be doing that a lot these days.

"Where are you going" he questions.

"Somewhere I can get away from all of this for a bit, I need a break" I say looking away from him.

"Can I join you" he asks with just a trace of something like vulnerability in his tone.

"Of course Thomas" I say giving a genuine smile, I can't be cold to him forever.

Not that I was really being cold.

He takes my hand and pulls me out the door.

Authors note

So where do you think there going, guess. Here's a hint it's nowhere special, just someplace a lot of people go on a everyday basis.

So who ships Ava and Thomas?

In other news, I can't find a swimming pool. 

There isn't a public one at my city. 😞

Well that's all have a good day.

I'll update soon. I know this was a bit short, but...idk I'm sorry.

At least I updated.

Bye have fun in your lives.