Chapter 18

Ava's POV 

Ava's POV 

The world was spinning, but I figured it was just my head or maybe it was Thomas's long lean fingers tracing the lines of my cheek. His lips were a mere few inches from mine and for some reason I just couldn't pull away.

Cupping my face he leaned in closer and just as his lips were about to hit mine Antoinette's sharp liting voice made us jump apart "come along you two, I believe you two's room has been robbed or something."

My shock was mirrored on Thomas's face, what had happened now?

I ran after her my long skirt swishing around my feet, the queen gave me a small sad smile. But I ignored her and kept running up to my room I could hear Thomas he was right behind me his boots clinking against the white marble floor.

As soon as I got there, and I started to push my door open or at least what was left of it. Some of the wood of the door was lying in the ground in jagged points, perfectly cut out and the wood left on the door was clearly arranged to make a x.

What the hell.

I carefully pushed the door open careful not to bruise my hand on the jagged points of the x. Entering the room I almost fainted from the shock, the perfectly polished trophies that Thomas had won over the years. Were all smashed onto the ground looking like bits of gold and they were all in perfect places, forming another x.

All of Thomas's clothes that were in the closet were all covered in black paint and covered the floor so one could barely see the gleam of the palace marble floor. All the beautiful dresses the queen had gotten me were shredded into little pieces like a wild wolf had torn them apart, and littered the floor almost looking like pieces of confetti.

The pure silk bed sheet that one of the maids had perfectly made in the morning was now hung up on the wall with a giant red x, clearly drawn with paint on it. The bed itself was torn apart, the stuffing of the mattress was leaking out, the wood holding the bed up was shattered and the pillows were hung up the wall with a red x on each pillow.

Basically everything in the room was torn apart, destroyed, or ripped to shreds. I ran over to the barely hanging bookshelf to look for the one thing that mattered more than anything to me.

My father's diary.

I searched the rows of tattered books, being careful not to scratch my hands on the jagged points of the bookshelf from where they had again destroyed another thing. My father's diary was nowhere to be found.

I searched the room being careful not step on the crushed pieces of wood, metal, lights on the floor.

Thomas velvety voice startled me " Ava, Are you looking for this." I looked up from where I was laying on the ground to see Thomas holding my fathers book.

I quickly rushed over to him and grabbed it upon inspection it seemed fine, the cover was fine it looked nothing like the books I had seen on the self. And it was resting on the only furniture they had left undestroyed, the desk. I carefully pulled back the cover and froze, the words my father had oh so beautifully written since he was only twelve years old were now, were now crossed out with a sharpie so one wouldn't even have a clue of what lay under.