Chapter 26

Edited by TenYearOdyssey

Ava’s POV

Her head snaps up as I call out her name and a vicious look filled her teary eyes.

“You!” she screamed wiping the tears from her face with the back of her hand.

“This is all your fault, you did this to me, you ruined everything” she screeches lunging at me, her right hand comes out to scratch my face.

I ducked her hand barely missing my face, she snarls and lunges at me again.

What the hell.

I shift to the right to her hand brushes the air again. Crying out loud even harder than before she lunges for my face again. But before she can get her slimy hands anywhere near my face I ran...

Straight into a tree.

“Upham” I managed to stutter out, falling face first into the mud right under the tree,

I heard the click of Antoinette’s sharp high heels rushing up to me.

“Goodness gracious are you okay,” She asks bending down and holding out one of her hands to help me up, all traces of her previous additude gone.

What the hell is going on, first she wants to fight me and now she wants to know if I’m okay.

“I’m fine,” I say grabbing her hand and pulling myself up. She grimaces as the fresh mud on my hand smears onto hers.

She crinkles her nose at my now muddy outfit and finally says “I’m sorry about trying to...punch you.”

“At least you didn’t actually punch me,” I say dryly.

More awkward silence “Um do you maybe want to take a shower, I’m sure you wouldn't want your fiance to see you like that.”

“That would be nice,” I say frowning at the mud all over the queen’s once beautiful top.

“My room’s over here,” she says then orders “Servants, maids I need a bit of help.”

Immediately a group of people rushes over to her their eyes all widen in shock as their eyes fall on me and one maid finally stutters out “Wha--what can I do for her majesties.”

“Clean up the mess she makes as she walks, the palace is not meant to be messy” She orders an air of authority surrounding her.

I follow her into the room, trying not to grin as she winces at the muddy footprints my shoes leave on the carpet.

“The bathroom’s over there,” she says gesturing over to it.

I’m about to step in when Antoinette hands me a dress and says “Ava, you might want to wear this.”

“Thanks,” I say and take it, hopefully, it fits.

Fifteen minutes later I step into the drees it's a bit tight but like what can you do.

I step back into Antoinette’s room and frown she’s back to crying, she notices me and finally says “Ava y-your back.”

I take a cautious step towards her and ask “Are you alright.”

She rolls her eyes and replies “Well obviously not, my make-up’s  all ruined.”

Facepalm.

“Do you want to er maybe talk about it” I ask hestaintly.

“Well you already know it’s your fault of course” she glares at me the vicious look back on her eyes.

What now.

“I don’t have a clue” I respond confused.

A surprised look appears on her face “You don’t know.”

I nod my head and she frowns  “Thomas didn’t tell you, I thought you guys were closer.”

Crossing my arms over my chest I reply “I never asked” feeling a need to defend Thomas.

Her eyebrows twitch almost creepily as she thinks, after a moment she replies “Well, I guess it isn’t something you can casually bring up.”

I take a seat on the chair next to her desk and ask “Mind telling me.”

She frowns and immediately says “ first of all don’t judge me” I hesitantly nod as she continues “Well when I was younger, I had a bit of a crush on Thomas.”

She pauses gauzing my reaction, honestly I kind of figured this much. She goes one“His brother, Alex well he had a crush on me and well I had no clue, I would ignore him mostly but sometimes I would flirt with him,...you know just to make Thomas jealous.”

“It was basically a love triangle, right” I interrupt feeling a bit sick.

She nods and says “Alex didn’t have a clue I was leading him on, while Thomas was purely oblivious I was in love with him. Even as a teenager Thomas, was always so busy, meetings, studying, traveling and whenever he had any free time he would choose to spend it with his mother” A sad looks fills her face “may she rest in peace.”

Poor Thomas, even though I didn’t really know him back then he clearly loved his mother.

She continues “While Thomas had barely any time to hang out with his childhood friend and his brother. Alex had all the time in the world, he would somehow convince me to go on dates with him” she laughs a twinkling laugh similar to the queens as she recalls fond memories.

“We would hang out, talk, walk together, sneak out of the palace. In a way Alex became my best friend, he was always there for me. For him though I became more than that, I was the girl he had always loved and finally I was showing attention to him. He thought he could have me, so one day he kissed me.”

Author's note

Hmmm interesting story don't you think.

But wait there's more, in the next chapter though.

I realize this chapter isn't edited but I figure I made you guys wait too long so I released it anyway.

In other news I heard this joke recently

"People say nothing is impossible

But I do nothing all day."

Get it.

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Was it funny. Idk I'm so random.

Sorry.

Bye anyways. I'll try to update soon. I'm going to a different state for a while.

So I already have the next couple of chapters.

Anyways

Byeee.
Have a great day.