13. She was always right.

Is she yours? He asked me. I don't know what to answer. He is staring at me with Atla in his arms. The little girl I promised to protect with my life. I don't know what to do, he is like two meters and seems to be just as strong as a bear, maybe stronger. This is not what I wanted at all.

"Y-yes," I say, my voice shaking. If Loki had seen me now, she would have shaken her head of me. She would not hesitate to attack him. Size and power didn't stop her, nothing did. She had one word in her head, attack. I wish she was here right now.

I reach for my sword slowly, but I see that he noticed it.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He says, calmly.

"See, no weapon." He showed me that he had no sword or knife what so ever, but still, he is very strong and he has Atla in his arms.

"I'm Thor." He smiles at me and I find his name a little funny.

"You brought the thunder with you a few days ago?" I ask him, taking my hands away from the sword.

"No, I'm not that Thor." He smiles, sitting down on a rock, which makes me relax a little.

"I wish, but I'm not. Hear great stories though." He says and looks down at the little girl.

"I haven't seen anything so small in a long time," Thor says, seeming to fall for Atla the way I did.

"What's her name?" He asks, looking at me now, with his brownish eyes. They are like red and brown mixed together. Never seen an eye colour like that before, but then again, I have seen lots of things that are strange.

"Atla, her name is Atla," I say and he looks at me surprised.

"Atla, like in one of the nine mothers of Heimdall?" He asks and I nod.

"Why?" He wonders.

"Because I found her next to a river," I tell him honestly.

"So, she is not really yours?" Thor questions me as the clouds are switched with the sun. I haven't seen or felt it in days now. The sun makes his short, brown hair turn almost red. His beard too.

"I found her all alone, so I took her to protect her," I say and he looks down at Atla.

"Lucky girl." He says and I sit down on another rock to rest my feet.

"I don't know, she has only brought problems since I found her," I tell him and he looks at me questioning.

"What problems?" Thor asks and sighs loudly.

"Someone wants her, for what, I don't know. All I know is that I can't give her to them. I would rather die." I say and he nods.

"Why would they want her?" He wonders, seeming very confused.

"Because, I don't really know," I shrug.

"But a friend of mine said she is not normal. That there is something about her that might be dangerous or something." I say, not knowing what to believe.

"Do you think she is dangerous?" Thor asks and I just shrug.

"I don't know, she is just a baby, how can something so small be dangerous?" I question and Thor seems to agree with me on that.

"Maybe she is not dangerous, maybe she is special?" He says.

"Some people are scared of special things, but some desire it." Thor's words sound true. Some people are scared of something different, but some wish for it.

"Maybe," I say thoughtfully.

"Let me help you with that." He says, standing up, looking at my deer. Thor reaches me Atla and I take her into my arms. It's been just some minutes, but still, I could feel her presence being away from me.

I care for her very much. Just like I cared for Loki.

"Can I borrow your knife?" He asks and it takes me a moment to decide if it's safe to give it to him or not, but I do it anyway. I fall back down on the rock, watching Thor cut the deer up for me. It's very nice of him.

After Thor finished the deer he made a fire and cooked the meat for me, I told him to eat as well. He didn't deserve it after all. I don't know why he is so nice to me. If it was someone else they would have tried to kill me and the baby to steal whatever I had on me.

The night has fallen upon us now and the stars are shining brighter than I have ever seen them before.

"It looks like you need some rest," Thor says and I look at him.

"The last few days have been a nightmare," I tell him and his eyes are filled with pity.

"What happened?" He wonders and I remain silent for a while, listen to fire, burning and the rivers wash through the forest.

"I lost the person I loved the most," I say feeling the tears wanting to come out of me.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes, but I shake my head.

"It was my fault, I didn't listen to her." I rub my eye before one of my tears could sneak out.

"She told me that the baby was not safe to bring home and she' a..." I take a deep breath.

"She was right. She was always right." I chuckle and cry at the same time.

"No matter how many times she told me, I never listened and she was always right." I hold onto Atla stronger than I did. Holding her kind of fills the void in my chest.

"I still think you did what was right," Thor tells me and I just shake my head.

"I saved a life and I lost one. Why is it so unfair?" I ask so angrily, looking up to the Gods, almost expecting an answer.

"Is it really that greedy to wish for both of them?" I dry my eyes, feeling so much rage and anger inside of me.

"She sacrificed herself for Atla and I. That is how wonderful and selfless she was. No matter how much I pushed her to the limit, she still loved me and cared for me. That is how amazing she was." I cry again, closing my eyes, wishing when I open them that I would look right into Loki's eyes. Those green eyes that are my home and safety.

I miss her. I miss her so much. Her touch, which was dangerous. Her sent that always brought good memories into mind. Her words always made sense. Her arms, who brought comfort. I want it all back. Is it too much to ask for?

"She sounds wonderful," Thor says and I nod.

"She really was," I say, thinking about her, the beauty she was.

"You need rest," Thor says, standing up.

"And I keep guard okay?" He says I don't know, but there is just something about him that makes me want to trust him. It can be a good thing or a very bad thing, but right now I am just so tired and heartbroken that I am going to listen to him.

"Okay." I agree and close my eyes with the image of Loki in my head.

I love you, Loki. More than I have loved anything.