50. We need to move fast!

When we arrived back at the truck, Chris and Jacob updated Terry on the radio. I explained everything to my mother and her family. She is not sure now whether it is safe to go back to their home or not. 

I told them they could stay with us as long as they needed, and I believe there is no better place to be than Brynhild at the moment. My mother agreed with me, and she doesn't want anything else but to have her kids safe. 

We are currently on our way back, and Terry wanted us back to be able to figure out a solution to our problem, which doesn't leave much of a window of rest besides in the truck. Most of us have decided to lay down to get a few minutes of sleep to function. 

Loki is right next to me, and we are just simply staring at each other. I would stare at her all day if I could.  Just her beauty is memorizing to me. Her brown, long hair that is up in a ponytail at the moment suites her soft, olive skin. Her face just the perfect shape and eyes that steal my heart over and over again. 

My eyes close shut; I can't keep them open anymore. A soft hand is in my hair, stroking me, comforting me, makes it a lot easier to drift to sleep. 

I wake up as I feel the movement of the truck stop. Loki is still lying next to me, watching me. 

"Did you sleep well?" She questions and I nod as I stretch out. 

"Good," She smiles as she gets up on her feet and pulls me up after her. 

"We need to move fast!" Jacob shouts, and everyone grabs their stuff and rush out of the truck. Terry and Arkyn are standing in the middle of the garbage around a silver table. 

Kelby rushes over to Arkyn for a hug as we all meet around the table, but I send my mother and her family back to their rooms. Einar and Ivar wanted to stay, so, of course, they can. We need all the hands we can have. 

"What do you know about Tyr?" Terry asks, watching Loki as she crosses his arms over his chest.

"He is the brother of my father; he wanted the throne, so my father banished him from the tribe, and we never saw him again," Loki shrugs apologetically for not having much intel to share. 

"Does he have an army?" Terry asks.

"For now, we do not know," Jacob answers. 

"But I presume we have to accept the possibility of it," He sighs. 

"He wants the child because he believes in his twisted mind that she is a half-god?" Terry almost wants to laugh in annoyance. 

"She might be," Diana interrupted awkwardly.

"Is there any proof of this?" Terry asks.

"No, but I have done my research, and she is out of the ordinary," Diana shrugs.

"I am not going to believe that the gods come down to earth and have children with humans; it sounds like a fairytale," He huffs.

"Enough about that, let's get to the real problem, shall we. He wants the child by sunrise, which gives us about ten hours," Terry rubs his forehead. 

"What if we just simply don't show up?" Arkyn asks out of the blue.

"They don't know where we are," He shrugs.

"Don't be so sure about that; he did say he has eyes and ears everywhere," Jacob says. 

"Well, you didn't know we existed," Arkyn points at us.

"Why should they know?" He says, everyone looks around thoughtful in silence. 

"You think we should just not go?" Terry looks at him.

"It was just a thought," He shrugs. 

"Okay," Loki starts.

"Let's say we don't go. He will look for us everywhere, and at some point, he might find us here. I am not going to hide for the rest of my life, knowing someone might show up at our door wanting that child," Loki says, and she sounds reasonable. 

"If we do not deal with this issue now, it might come back to haunt us is in the future; I am not letting Tyr finding this place," She makes people around her nod in agreement. 

"Then what do you consider us doing?" Terry asks. Loki looks around at us all as she is searching for her answer.

"What my father should have done a long time ago. We kill him."