21. Let her go!

"Loki!" I shouted and ran as life depended on it, to my wounded love. She lifts her head and opens her eyes, barely. I stop in front of her and lay my hands carefully on her bloody cheeks.

"Can't believe you are alive," I say, feeling my bottom lip trembling. I try to take the blood and mud away from her face, but it's mostly dried. Loki opens her mouth, but no words come out.

"Save your strength," I whisper, leaning my forehead onto hers, but just a second later, I feel someone pull me away from her. I turn around almost hitting Ivar for interrupting me.

"She is dangerous." He says, which makes me grit my teeth.

"Trust me, I know," I tell him and push him by the shoulders, but no matter how hard I hit, it didn't make much difference. He is just too tall and too heavy. Loki moves forward, and I can see the anger in her eyes as if she has a million ways on how to kill him if she could.

"You should not be near her." He grabs my arm and pulls me away again, which hurts.

"Let me go," I say, trying to fight my way out of his grip.

"Let her go!" Everyone freeze by Loki's angry voice. She is fighting the chains with the energy she doesn't have.

"What is going on!" My mother yells, confused and furious. Ivar lets me go now, but I don't dare to move an inch towards Loki. I'm scared they might hurt her if I do.

"She is badly hurt, please let her go," I beg Erika, but she looks at me lost.

"What are you talking about?" She questions, facing me now.

"Do you know who that is?" My mother asks.

"Do you know what she has done!" Her shouting makes me fall back a step.

"I love her!" I yell back, and everyone turns quiet but shocked as well. I don't care. The only thing my heart is beating for is Loki.

"I am begging you to let her go." I plead for Loki. She is in deep pain, and I don't know how much damage she has on her body.

She looks awful, and it kills me to watch her like this. She needs help, and that fast. Because I don't know how long she has been hanging like this or how long she has been wounded.

"She destroyed everything, killed our family. We lost everything because of her!" My mother walks up to me in frustration and hates written all over her face.

"She was a child!" I argue, standing my ground right in front of her, blue eyes to blue eyes.

"Just like I was a child," I say calmly, but it seems like my words won't get through.

"She has saved my life more times than I can count." I look at Loki, and her eyes are glued on me. You can see all her emotions through her eyes, the pain, her love, and her hatred. She moves forward, trying to get to me, but her chains keep her in place.

"Let her go," I beg, and my mother lets out a loud sigh, while she shakes her head repeatedly in disbelieve. She seems to struggle with what to do.

"Fine, let her go." She says, looking at Ivar.

"What?" Ivar argues, looking at his step-mother and his father.

"Do you have any idea how I struggled to get her here!" He shouts at both of them. I can only imagine, I think to myself.

"She was could even barely stand on her feet when I found her. What do you think will happen when she fully recovers!"

"Quiet, Ivar!" His father tells him and the look of surprise, shock and embarrassment are all over Ivar.

"Do as you are told!" He says strict, and it's the first time I have seen him angry. He seems like such a nice and calm man, but I guess we all can reach our point.

Ivar steps over to Loki, so angry and frustrated. He opens the chains around her hands, and she falls to the ground like a rock. I hurry towards her to see if she is okay. She can barely keep her eyes open.

"I need you to stand," I tell her lightly. She looks at me, wounded.

"I-I can't." She breathes heavily, seeing the pain in her eyes. Never have I ever seen her so fragile to the bone before.

"I got her," Einar says, coming to help. He and I drag Loki up onto her feet.

"Thank you." I smile at him, so grateful for what he is doing. We pass my mother, who cannot even look at me. I can see the look of betraying and disgust on her face. I don't care; the only one I care for is Loki.