31. The main rule

Can't believe I am going to marry this woman, who is lying next to me sleeping in bed. It's been over five years since we met. The last thing I would have expected at that time was to marry her. I smile to myself as I roll my eyes to how amazing this world works.

"What's so funny." Loki questions with a big yawn.

"Nothing." I grin as I lean in to plant my lips on her forehead. I grab her arm and lift myself above her. She watches me surprised as I sit on top of her. Her eyes narrow in confusion as she is looking at me.

I place my hands on the bed next to Loki and lean down onto her. My lips so close to her that I can feel her breath. She smiles as she pushes my hair away and lay her warm hands on my face. Her green eyes shine in the morning sunlight that is peaking through the window. She is so beautiful, left with a few small battle-scars onto her face.

"Are you okay?" Loki asks worriedly.

"Yes." I breathe, feeling a lump in my throat.

"I am just very happy," I say, feeling the need to cry, even though I don't know why. Loki wraps her arms around me, holding me tightly against her with my face hidden in her shoulder.

"Than why are you crying?" She whispers, and I shrug.

"I think I am scared," I mumble against her.

"Scared of what?" Loki questions.

"Losing this, you," I tell her, and she only holds me stronger in her arms, making me almost lose my breath.

"It's not going to happen. I promise." She says.

"My love for you is stronger than any river, any storm, even stronger than your mother's hatred for me." She chuckles, and we both laugh now. Just have to love Loki.

A knock on our bedroom door makes us groan in annoyance. Just when we had peace.

"Just a second," I shout, and Loki and I start getting dressed.

"Yes," I say and one of the maid's peaks through the door.

"The queen's daughter has a question." She says, rolling her eyes and I realize why. My two stepsisters, Froya and Iona, are hiding behind the woman.

"What is it?" I question them, and they seem too shy to walking in, but the maid moves away, exposing them. Both of them step inside the room.

"We were wondering," Froya starts looking down at her little sister.

"If Loki would like to teach us how to shot a bow and arrow." She says embarrassed and I hear Loki snort behind me, amused. I know Froya loves the bow and arrow, she is good as well, but no one can aim and shot like Loki.

I turn to Loki, who shrugs with an unsure smile.

"I don't mind." She says, looking at the two girls who grins brightly to each other, it makes me laugh of them.

"Okay," I say.

"Get your gear," Loki tells them, and they both don't hesitate to run. Loki picks up her bow and takes a few arrows as well with her.

"I meet you there with Atla." I smile at her.

"Okay," She says before stealing a kiss.

I find my way with Atla in my arms towards the practice area. Unfortunately, I see Ivar and Bjorn training with swords. But further over I see Loki and the girls. I find my way over knowing Ivar's eyes are following me.

The girls are sitting on the ground while Loki is standing, which makes me confused. Then I see them making their arrows.

"You teaching them how to make arrows?" I question.

"Yes," She shakes her head.

"No one has thought them how to. If you are alone and trying to survive, you need to know how to make arrows." She explains to me, and I agree with her. Froya seems to figure out how to do it, but Iona is struggling. I don't blame her, she is only eight, and she looks adorable with her annoyed face.

After a few moments of failing and succeeding the girls are ready. The girls stand a few feets away from the target, and hitting the middle is the goal.

"The main rule is," Loki says, and girls look dead serious at Loki.

"Please don't shot each other,"She begs and the girls giggle.

"Your mother hates me enough as it is." Loki chuckles, and I roll my eyes. The girls start shooting at the target, and we can both see it's easy for Froya. So Loki told her to go further back, she is like twenty meters away, and it's kind of hard for her.

I watch Loki go further behind Froya, and she straightens the bow with an arrow ready. The girls move to the sides, and a second later she fires the bow. The arrow flies through the air and hit the middle of the target.

"Show of," I say reaching out my tongue.

"How did you become so good?" Froya sounds impressed.

"A lot of training." Loki shrugs, and the girls both go back to shooting.

"How are you?" She  asks while coming towards me.

"I'm good." I smile.

"And she?" She looks down at Atla who is having fun with pulling my hair.

"She is okay, she ate a lot this morning, but that is not unusual," I sigh.

"There is something about her, Loki, I don't know what, but there is something that is not right," I say worried. She looks at Atla as if she could see the answers.

"Maybe Margaret can help us?" She says.

"I mean we helped her a lot, at least we can get some in return. They have a lot of equipment that might help." Loki tells me, which help because they might find out what is up with Atla.

"That sounds like a good idea." I smile as I hug Atla up to my face.

"When are we leaving by the way?" She asks, sounding impatient as she looks behind me. I turn seeing smoke in the sky coming from the market, but now I can hear shouting.

"What is happening?" Iona asks, sacred.

"I don't know," Loki says, and we all follow the smoke. We run towards it, thinking that someone might be in danger.